New Member Of The Governing Body 24 Jan 2018

by pale.emperor 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zophar
    zophar

This has been posted on JW.org

News Alerts
    BREAKING NEWS | Kenneth Cook Appointed to the Governing Body
    On Wednesday morning, January 24, 2018, it was announced to the United States and Canada Bethel families that Kenneth Cook had been appointed to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Prior to being appointed to the Governing Body, Brother Cook was a helper to the Writing Committee.
    Brother Cook started pioneering on September 1, 1982, and began serving at the United States branch on October 12, 1984. The Governing Body is now composed of eight anointed brothers.
    It is our united prayer that Jehovah continue to bless the Governing Body as it oversees the activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide.—1 Thessalonians 5:12, 13

• compound complex
    compound complex

When I was at Bethel, I got anointed.

I talked to Fred Franz about the seriousness of my new standing with Jesus and Jehovah and changed my mind. Many young Bethel brothers became anointed. Some remained anointed, most didn't.

Years later, I gave the Memorial talk in my KH, and my mother partook and continued as an anointed till she died.

In her case, she was certain; in mine, not so much so.

God works in mysterious ways . . .

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Another "imperfect man" to be part of the "imperfect GB" to help guide an imperfect organization imperfectlly!

just saying!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Part of me wishes that while i was in i should have claimed to be anointed and watch what happens. I was always the bible scholar. The stand-in talk guy when a speaker didnt turn up, i did talks because i actually liked doing them.

Should have claimed to be anointed. The elders would hate me for it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yay! Another rock star!!! He must be "exemplary!" lol

• jp1692
    jp1692

BREAKING NEWS ...

I wonder when FOX or CNN will pick "Breaking News" this story up? LOL!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Dear Brothers,

We are ecstatic to announce our newest member, Brother Kenneth Cook, to the Governing Body family. Brother Cook is an ''anointed brother'' from the Bethel Office in Wallkill. He was a helper on the writing committee

There was lots of speculation about him. We wish to put those rumors to rest. He is soft spoken, a people person, pleasurable, makes everyone feel relaxed, and will rubber stamp any matter that will be placed in front of him. We didn't ask for any holy spirit on making this decision because Brother Cook stood out from a very long list of candidates. May Jehovah bless our Bethel family and continue to pour his holy spirit upon you and your family!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

He will probably be assigned to oversee future financial matters for the borg. He will certainly be able to "Cook the books". And, he can always fall back on the "imperfect man" excuse!

just saying!

• carla
    carla

What will r & f think of this? I assume it will be a big deal and jah is blessing blah,blah,blah....

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Breaking news 😬

Funny, those pr people.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit