New Member Of The Governing Body 24 Jan 2018

by pale.emperor 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Just seen this announced on Reddit:

Ken Cook was announced today at morning worship as the new member of the Governing Body.

I dont recall him from the broadcasts, but he was formally a helper on the writing committee as per https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/governing-body/

• darkspilver
  • freddo
    freddo

I wonder if his wife "became anointed" at the same time?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

From Darkspilvers thread:

One brother I know well was "anointed" at Wallkill, while sitting at this desk, three or four years ago. He was in his early 50's at the time.

Anointed at his desk. The poor cleaner.

Does this mean Mr and Mrs Cook get upgraded to a penthouse suite like the Letts and the Morris's?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes this fellow should fit right in.

• sir82
    sir82

Does this mean Mr and Mrs Cook get upgraded to a penthouse suite like the Letts and the Morris's?

LOL - the corner unit with the lake view.

Aren't there like smaller, more private residences scattered throughout the woods on the Warwick property? If so, are those considered "high end" or "low end"?

Another perk for the Cooks is that now they get to travel anywhere they want to in the world, with first class air and 5 star accommodations, for "theocratic" activities.

"Ooh, honey, look! There's a new assembly hall being built in Fiji, that will need a dedication talk. I've always wanted to go there."

"Well, snookums, I was planning on a zone visit to Australia anyway, I'm sure we can swing by there on the way home."

• Gorbatchov
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Another perk for the Cooks is that now they get to travel anywhere they want to in the world, with first class air and 5 star accommodations, for "theocratic" activities.

I wonder why Tony Morris wanted to give a talk in Trinidad? I hear the climate is lovely over there.

Meanwhile, the poor brothers in Russia are having meetings in secret with digital publications downloaded off the internet. No GB member planning a visit? No? Oh, yeah, "we're with you in spirit brothers".

Was it Paul who was beaten up and thrown out of the city gates? And then returned years later and preached again? The GB should take a leaf out of his book.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Incredible! The guy is all of a sudden annointed. He must've replaced an unfaithful ex-annointed. Stupid.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's on jw.org News Releases.

No doubt they are fed up of apostates making the announcement!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit