• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Again such a Kingdom smiler.

They trow a knife in your back while showing the smile 😬

G.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

No more magnificent seven

Allow me to be the first to coin this term...

I take credit for this new name guys.

• freddo
    freddo

Over on JWTalk someone called "Doug" wrote ...

"A funny thing happened while typing this . . . My autocorrect changed Bro. Cook to Bro. Cool. How cool is that !?!"

Well I suppose it could have changed "Cook" to "Cock" or "Gook" or "Coon" but that might not be viewed as "Cool", hmmmmm?

• sir82
    sir82

Another thing occurs to me....

If he was a pioneer in '82 and accepted to Bethel in '84, that places his age at probably 50-55.

Over the past 10 or so years, Bethel has been culling thousands of people in that age range, "reassigning them to the field" in WT-speak.

The most likely reason for such culling, it has been reasonably speculated, is that such ones present a great financial liability as they age (odds of getting diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc. - extraordinarily expensive diseases to treat - increase greatly upon entering your 6th decade). The WTS is self-insured, so it makes great financial sense to can as many of those "high risk employees" as you reasonably can, to avoid potentially millions of dollars of medical payments.

In order for the newbie to have survived the many [age40-55 culls] over the past decade, he must be extremely useful - either feeds the egos of the higher-ups, or effectively drops the hammer on underlings to ensure compliance with WTS protocol.

So in all likelihood, the GB has either added a roll-over do-nothing guy, or a ruthless axe-man.

A marshmallow or a sledgehammer.

Yay team!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So much for the Society being an "equal opportunities" organization.

So, we have Bro "token" Herd (only black man)

The GB had an opportunity to appoint an Asian man, or a middle eastern man, for example, just to prove how "non-white / non racist" they are.

Or, it seems that Jehovah prefers White middle class males over 60 to speak through??

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Finally...an increase in statistics that the U.S. Branch can boast about...GB members go from 7 to 8!:):)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I wonder what the hazing ritual is for the GB club?

Maybe he is forced to wear tight pants over yoga pants while GB-splaning the overlapping generations doctrine wearing overlapping pants.

• Moster
    Moster

So - a few mentions of this above - but are we predicting they remain at 8 now or is someone retiring? Or perhaps we are going to see a few more additions as they begin to shore up the top end and leave the underlings to fend for themselves...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Here is Ken Cook going through the Hazing ritual for all GB members.

After this he has to make vow to never wear tight pants in front of Anthony Morris.

• Island Man
    Island Man

So The Fake Fools Slave has now become The Eight Fools Slave?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit