American democracy in crisis

by slimboyfat 94 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Okay cut to the chase. The United States has got a problem.

Hillary Clinton is so unpopular that practically any Republican who ran against her would probably have beaten her.

Trump apparently doesn't want to win and is making fun of the whole process. There's no other reasonable way to interpret his behaviour, unless he is actually insane.

So what does America do now?

This is madness.

https://youtu.be/6MubunsD-7g

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "...Hillary Clinton is so unpopular that practically any Republican who ran against her would probably have beaten her..."

Ironic that her only Republican opponent is the one who can't beat her, no?

• oppostate
    oppostate

Sounds like it may be time to vote Libertarian or Green Party on this one.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If you want to let Trump in by accident and precipitate the end of civilisation, I guess Green or Libertarian is the way to go.

Vote for the crook not the fascist.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Unbelievable...

Are these people for real?

What percentage think like them?

What on earth are they on?

Or are they just exceptionally good at acting dumb?

Help me out here, my head hurts and I'm trying to get my jaw off the floor...

• oppostate
    oppostate

Eegads! Yes. I'm for real. Kinda leaning anarcho-syndicalist at the moment.

Clinton or Trump are going to ruin the economy. Printing more dollar bills isn't going to solve the problems.

I've just about thrown my hands up in the air on this one. If these are the choices the majority wants then let the ballots fall where they may.

There comes a time when you get fed up with the political machine!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "If you want to let Trump in by accident and precipitate the end of civilization, I guess Green or Libertarian is the way to go. Vote for the crook, not the fascist."

Nicely put (although IMO, Trump's a crook, too ).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Typical Trump supporter = low IQ white trash racists like himself .

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    If you want to let Trump in by accident and precipitate the end of civilisation, I guess Green or Libertarian is the way to go.

It's that kind of thinking (along with the winner-take all electoral system) that has us stuck with two bad choices. Voting 3rd party may aid in someone you don't want winning this year (which it sounds like is going to happen either way) but if enough people go for it, it will get the 3rd party a voice in the next election which could have a huge impact going forward.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

There is certainly a problem with US democracy. Trump vs Clinton speaks volumes, I believe.

If Trump and Clinton are the best presidential candidates America has to offer then US politics has reached its nadir.

Trump apparently doesn't want to win and is making fun of the whole process. There's no other reasonable way to interpret his behaviour, unless he is actually insane - is Trump a manipulator of the US voting public or is he insane? The jury's still out on this, I think.

So what does America do now? - vote for its next president.

precipitate the end of civilisation - please elaborate.

Vote for the crook not the fascist - oh, the agony of choice! Deary me.

Although I'm not sure how dangerous Trump could be as prez, I view Trump as unfit for high office. I certainly would never vote for him. But I couldn't see myself voting for Hillary either. Are there any decent independent candidates running for president?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit