Is Having Kids Worth It?

by Prisca 103 Replies latest social family

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

people really should learn to read all the relevant posts before commenting "spunky". She was called the "loser" of the 'debate' first. She merely says that she thinks her opponent is the loser. She is responding, not initiating.

sheesh

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Francois,

I have a close friend who has a child addicted to heroin also. After going through court trials, thousands of dollars, hospitals, over doses, being brought back to life literally, social workers, grandchildren to raise sporadically at parent's whim, restraining orders........well, you get the picture. My friend had to close off ALL his emotional ties to this grown child to survive....literally & emotionally. And his therapist, police, social workers, & lawyer agreed.

The most interesting comment I've heard from a parent who's been through a lot is "We try to raise our kids. We can't prophecy how they'll turn out."

It's The Truth. Perhaps everyone's family is just different, eh?

waiting

• Maverick
    Maverick

Boy! We have some very strong feeling posted on this tread! Everyone has their own view. I have one daughter-19. My wife left us when my baby was 13. As Mr F. brought out the ex was a horrid bitch with the awful things she did to damage the relationship I had with my baby, who lives with me and always has! Now, after years of pain, my daughter sees the borg, and her mother, for what they are. As for you, having children will change your life...forever. They, (children) will be different than you imagine. You will see areas of your personality that have gaps and need to be developed. You will be a totally different person and your sense of identity will be forever altered. A good mate will help, and bad one will possiblity ruin your children for life. And when the children are grown, and this happens faster than you realize, can you live with the leftover....hubby? Think hard on this. Maverick

• little witch
    little witch

Heavens, RF,

I never said you "looked stupid to me''.

Nothing of the kind...Plus we are off topic....Please dont use me for your punching bag...been punched enough, thanx.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

RF:WTF?????

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I have to agree with SpunkyChick on this one!

Shelia definitely initiated the attacks...go back and read her original post...

...and it is because of replies like hers that I don't post often. Everyone should be able to speak their opinions without being belittled for how they feel.

Michelle

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Oh for giving my view that initiated oh come on...

SheilaM - You are so quick to criticize Francios! You have no idea what it's like to live with dysfuntional stupid high school dropout siblings who don't understand common sense from tweaking their brains out on drugs! That was a close minded post of yours. "Try to walk a mile in someone else's shoes, then you really might know what it's like to have the blues

Now wouldn't you say that I responded to what was asked

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

2625 posts and I initiated one whoooo hoooooo

• little witch
    little witch

Hogwallop (LOL)

Please... Sheila did not instigate...

Neither did I... did I not say LOL LOUD ENOUGH???

Seems to me there are some bitter fathers aboard...

I mean, really....

Good parents being attacked by maybe not so good ones... There, that will give you cause to be rude, and cruel....

Mothers can be vicious if provoked....deal with it....

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

sheila.

if something ive said confuses or horrifies you, youll have to be more specific than "WTF" if you expect me to respond

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit