Is Having Kids Worth It?

by Prisca 103 Replies latest social family

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Prisca, children are a blessing. To have the opportunity to bring forth a life into the world, teach to it all that you find worthwile and special, to see them go from needing your every attention just to survive, to standing alone sure in their own place in the world and proud of their abilities and talents, is a joy all should have the chance to experience.

The benefits and joys far outweigh the risks. A job well done brings a sense of pride well deserved and an undeniable need to share those joys with others.

==)>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thunder

• teejay
    teejay

Prisca,

You're the only one who can answers you pose here, and finding the right answer will require brutal honesty. Having children is not for everybody. There are some parents out there who obviously don't like their children and the bad part about it is that they probably didn't realize their disdain for kids until they had some.

As for me, I love kids. I always have. I was a curiosity in my Hall growing up because the little kids gravitated to me and I liked being around them, too. Even when I was a young teen, I never had a problem babysitting my nephews and nieces.

So, it shouldn't be a shock to you when I say that having my daughter is the very best thing to happen in my life. Period. Whether sitting with her on the sofa watching TV, having her sit on the kitchen counter and watch me while I make breakfast, riding our bikes together, taking her to the park, or just walking with her while holding her hand... I love that little dude.

She's a good person -- about the best person I know. But, I may be a little biased.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Wow, this is a topic I've been musing about for a few weeks. A number of things come to my mind, both personal and philosophical:

1. Knowing my family history, and the personal struggles I've had myself, would I want to pass on my genetic heritage by producing a human being?

2. Is this world a safe place? Am I confident that man will continue to exist on planet earth for another 70-80 years without blowing everything up with nukes or destroying the environment? I think that it takes a tremendous amount of optimism to think that mankind is going to make it into the 22nd century relatively intact.

3. Is life good? At bottom, is there anything fundamentally worthwhile or purposeful about human existence? Or are we just conscious animals that got here by a complete accident and subsequent mutations? Is the idea of human extinction a bad one? Am I glad that I my dad's sperm and my mom's egg met up 32 years ago and created me?

4. Similar to #2, I see many people having children, people who in my opinion are unthinking sheeple with whom you could not have even a mildly intelligent conversation. In fact, it is such persons that seem to reproduce the most. Would I want to bring a child into a world that seems to becoming increasingly mindless and barbaric?

Personally, I feel that for me to bring a child into the world would constitute an immoral act against said child.

Dan, not-at-all-romantic-about-having-kids class

• kelpie
    kelpie

Yes, most definately yes!!

Prisca, my man is 39, he has 3 kids and I told him up front that i wanted marriage and kids. He is quite happy to have 2 more for me, even tho he didnt really want any more.

There are still men that want kids out there.. You will make a great mum and find that someone speical

Love Kim

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Prisca

I received this letter today, this is one of the examples of the joys of having a child, raising him and watching him spread his wings and fly.

If you can't read it I wil type it also:

Mom, Dad, Mel , Mak:

Hey, what's up?

Guess waht I made Presidential support duty. that meant I'm in the top 5% in the Mrine Corps. Isn't that awesome

After (SD) I go to Chesapak, VA and

train there for 3 to 6 months, I'll learn

CQB and All kinds of cool stuff.

It was awesome they calle me in

and I sounded off they they sat me down

and aske me question mostly about our

family and they asked why I never did drugs

I wasn't really that nervous. It was so cool.

then they said welcome aboard and tol d me

that I'm on a higher standard than anyone else

and to conduct myself i that manner and

and congratulations.

Isn't that awesome

Well I gtg just thought you would like to know

p.s. I'll write more later

Love

-------->more on back Anthony

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have never loved anyone like i do my children. Now i have grandchildren and can say thet there is just no words to describe the happiness they bring to me and the joy that fills my heart.

• little witch
    little witch

Refiner,

Where I come from, if someone uses "", "" this means, quote...

In an earlier comment to me you quoted three things to me, that I did not say..

Please dont quote things to me....if they are not true...

That really sux.

• gumby
    gumby

When you have a child.....you usually get grandkids too, and not just a child. Grankids are more fun than your own though not more loved. By the time grankids have come you have figured things out a bit better but I am also talking about being only 49 and having two grankids ages 11 and 8.

Problem is with me, is their dubs and I can't see them.

Kids are great Prisca......find a dude.......breed......and have some. ( and marry him first.)

Gumby

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

(((((((((((((Gumby)))))))))))))) I am so sorry

• wednesday
    wednesday

Francois, i do understand some of what u feel. Both my sons were on serious drugs and both did time in rehabs and one in a boot camp. It nearly destroyed our marriage. I aged 10 years in 2. But still i am not sorry i had them. They both straightened out and are useful productive people. One was well into his 20's before doing so. I quess i am saying, don't give up hope for your son.

I have learned somethng from this experience and will be there to help my son when his children reach their teen years.

weds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit