Leaked 2018 Elders Training Video RE: Elders Reviewing Pionieers

by pale.emperor 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla

840 hrs per year? Imagine if they had to pay them minimum wage!

840 x 7.25 = $6090.00

840 x 15.00 = $12,600.00

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

As one who loves learning languages, here's a fun little fact:

It takes 480 hours of study to learn a language such as French, German, Spanish or Italian to fluency.

720 hours to learn a more difficult language like Mandarin or Japanese.

The first sister could have learned a new language every year.

The old sister would be on the freaking UN Translation committee!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Did they ever discuss how these guys themselves can sit at a cart with the lady short on hours and get the hours?

I agree that discontinuance of pioneer service can be a relief from stress. But I also get that they make these people feel guilty that they are not pioneers or guilty that they fall short on the hours.

How about "Congratulations Sister, we have granted you relief." ?

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The Gibbering Booty needs to have a buy your hour's program for pioneers.like airlines have where you can buy miles traveled for free tickets.

For a contribution of $50 to the World Wide Work, we will give you 100 hours to be used in your annual total. For a $100 contribution, you can take a month off with no service and count 100 hours for your annual total. Just another blessing from Jehovah.

Sour Grapes

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hey, what if "new light" comes forth and the pioneering hour requirements are reduced (again) and sister number one would qualify now? Or what if the Watchtower decides to have a one time annual sale on hours like they do around Memorial season for auxiliary pioneers? I love how they talk about upholding the seriousness of requirements that are subject to be lowered at any time so that they can pump up their numbers. It's all so stupid.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm so glad to be away from this cycle of guilt.

Back when I regular pioneered after high school, the hours were 90 a month. I only made it 6 months...I couldn't even do the full year.

I bought tickets for concert...and then later it turned out that there was a special meeting for pioneers that same evening. I paid money for the tickets and really wanted to go. My father guilted me over this, telling me I was like Esau, trading my birthright for a bowl of soup. In retrospect, I'm glad I went to the concert instead! The pioneer meeting was really the worthless bowl of soup. I chose wisely.

• Sunworshipper805
    Sunworshipper805

I spent so many years consumed by shame and guilt for not being a regular pioneer. I always HATED the field service, it seemed ridiculous to me. A complete waste of time, more likely to make people hate us than anything else.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

This thread really hit home with me. When I pioneered it was 100 hours per month and 1200 hours per year...no allowance for vacation. I got married, and was pregnant with my first child. Tried my best to continue pioneering while working part-time, but we were down to one car, and my husband needed it for my work. Still, with help from other publishers, I managed to get a lot of hours in...probably 70 or 80. Back then, we reported all of our service directly to headquarters, so the 3rd month that I was behind I wrote a letter explaining my situation. I never heard back from them. But one mid-week meeting a letter was read from the platform that Bonnie was removed from the pioneer ranks. There was no mention of recognition for the 2-1/2 years I spent slaving for them. To top it off, a "special" pioneer sister who was visiting came up to me to tell me that in her home congregation there was a young married couple who had a baby, and they were both still pioneering. Fine example! I didn't know what to say.

Too bad that it took me over 30 years to leave.

• zophar
    zophar

Bonnie_Clyde

Your post brought back many memories. My wife and I were part of the 1200 per year club too. At least you have your freedom of thinking now. Better it took 30 years than never!

The memories linger and at times torment though don't they?

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was told by a few that being a regular pioneer was the only way to have some recognition in the congo, especially if you were a woman. I said, "but is that the real reason to pioneer?" After the thrill is gone, and you have spent thousands of hours in the work, ya need to hang on to some validation for it.

This cult works it's powers of control very well. Thank god all you guys are O-U-T!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit