Leaked 2018 Elders Training Video RE: Elders Reviewing Pionieers

by pale.emperor 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Londo111
    Londo111

The subtle message at every circuit and district assembly, and at many meetings is: Pioneer or die!

If you COULD pioneer, but don't, you might be making God angry. You are not putting God first. You are not whole souled. You are giving token service. You are lukewarm. You are giving a blind and lame sacrifice and thus you are unclean.

Could you do more?

Could you do more?

Could you do more?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Huh

I smell fish

Look up "volunteer grants"

Minimum hours required to qualify for corporate grants

I wonder where the org has money coming in from for matching volunteer hours

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh for crying out loud, sponsored by Ford no doubt.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Or Coca Cola

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Zophar - I'd love to hear your story.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Lol, true.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Imagine how deflated and worthless that sister with health problems will now feel when the only things that validates her in the JW world is stripped away from her?

She is a "flaxen wick" and "crushed reed" who needs to be taken care of.

No crushed reed will he break; and as for a dim flaxen wick, he will not extinguish it. In trueness he will bring forth justice. Isaiah 42:1-4.

Now she will be treated differently, and viewed differently now that her title has been removed.

(Now, to be honest this JW gold-fish bowl of "importance" is silly - we know, but I am trying to think of how she would feel)

Nope...those elders have a set of man-made stipulations from the Branch to implement...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It's like they're looking for reasons to fire pioneers...hmmm, sick ones at least. Maybe potential liability issues for them if you don't have health insurance and you drop dead out in FS or something.

I notice the sick pioneer sister is getting more time in than the completely healthy brother they are reviewing for appointment.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The elders instead of following the letter of the law are following the law of the letter. I wonder why they had two elders admit that they did not read the lengthy letter from mother?

100% of the poor present day misguided J Dubs with their petty laws will die of something like just all past JW's and all future J Dubs.

In 30 years 1975 will mean nothing just like what was supposed to happen in 1914 is nothing today.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the main point of the whole exercise is simply to give elders the smug feeling that they've done something extraordinarily wonderful by understanding and applying some (pretty arbitrary) rules correctly.

You can see it all over the middle elder's face, that he really thinks they have scaled the heights of pure wisdom itself by ingeniously deciphering the "correct" solution to each case. They consider it a blessing for the young sister to be relieved of pioneering, plus they feel a warm glow that the decision "upholds the high standards of pioneering", that the rules about the elder taking time off are wise and just, that showing consideration for the older sister is a demonstration of unparalleled compassion, but that in all cases it's absolutely vital to understand and follow the minutiae of the instructions and always consult the circuit overseer when indicated.

They could just as easily have come to completely the opposite solutions: remove elder and old sister as pioneers, and keep younger sister, quote scriptures and make up rules to justify each decision. Like many Watchtower rules they are arbitrary and subject to change.

But having such rules fosters the idea that they belong to a considerate and orderly theocratic system, and they derive their own sense of worth by recognising and respecting the instructions and their own role in implementing them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit