What's the worst sin that you knew a JW commited? Espec. Elders, Bethelites

by FreeofGuilt 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

The worst thing I know of is when a ministerial servant around 18 or 19 years old helped his worldy girlfriend get an abortion the day before his first Sunday talk.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

DAYUM! Do I know them? Send me a PM!!!!!

Kansas District Overbeer

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I better not get started. There is not enough storage space in the system to post everything.

The worst sin? From what I have seen, in my opinion, it might be a SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT. I can't be for sure, as that decision is only up to GOD.

Just look how "Twisted and Phoney" everything is!

• Francois
    Francois

A very well respected younger elder in the Douglassville, GA congregation was df-ed for getting in a pile with his two daughters at the same time. As I remember it, the two girls were not yet teens.

But then there are all the little girls who were so severely sexually abused that they developed Multiple Personality Disorder. I knew one of those, and I knew her main abusers, a special pioneer couple up the road a piece.

francois

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

These stories sicken me.

Alas, you should remind yourself... you are criticizing God's sole organization on earth and the men that his holy spirit appoints.

• greven
    greven

Post 23 of 31
    since 31-May-03

-1 y 8 m 10 d

So... what's up with your age?

Greven

• caligirl
    caligirl

There was an elder in the hall I frew up in that didn't follow the advice of turning over a femal bible study to his wife or another "suitable" sister. He divorced his wife with whom he had just adopted a baby after years of infertility issues, married the study (once she turned 18) and they had 3 kids together.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    He divorced his wife with whom he had just adopted a baby after years of infertility issues, married the study (once she turned 18) and they had 3 kids together.

I hope he dies a painful death. Asshole.

ash

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What I find incredibly sad about this is not that these things happen. JWs are like everybody else. They do all kinds of things

What I find sad is how the org denies they happen or will only admit they happen on the very rare occasion. They send out the message that the org is clean and good meanwhile all this other stuff goes on.

• elders who abuse their wives and children
    • pedophiles in the congregations
    • leaders who commit crimes not only against other people but against the ones they call brothers
    • people (not just elders) who have affairs
    • alcoholics
    • liars
    • people living double lives

Any organization that seeks to control so much of what it's members do and then has to discipline them and hide the truth of how unclean they are is not God's instrument

• Swan
    Swan

Hypocritically lying to millions of people, many of them from day one of their birth. Encouraging them to turn over all of their assets, including time and hopes and dreams. Spewing out volumes of printed guesses, hypothesis, pseudoscience, and just plain balderdash as fact.

When this poppycock was proved to be wrong or failed to materialize, then telling those millions of people that they never said that, that it was the fault of those who believed it, that they were faithless for doubting. Then they invented new poppycock for them to believe, or changed the definition of a generation.

Told people it was now a conscience matter to make life saving decisions, but that they also had the responsibility to make the right decision, or else they would be tarred and feathered by a kangaroo court. Later reversing their decisions and rulings but still holding accountable those found guilty in those kangaroo courts.

Breaking up families while espousing family values. Demanding whole-souled devotion to themselves rather than God, even above the natural affection of parents for their children, children for their parents.

Requiring strict neutrality of the citizens of one country, even in the face of ban, torture, and death, but looking the other way with a wink and a nod to bribery and the appearance of military service by the citizens of another country, even to the point of denying that they were a religion because their investments in buildings and property in this country was more extensive.

Keeping track of over 20,000 cases of child molestation, but failing to follow through on them. Submitting the victims of molestation to their kangaroo court and finding them guilty while letting the perpetrators off scot free.

Demanding strict neutrality of their followers while joining a nationalistic organization (the UN) that they had denounced for decades (the disgusting thing that causes desolation, the wild beast), denying that they did so, and then when proof was given, saying that they only did it for the library card when that library was actually open to everyone. Denying their followers the freedom to donate to good causes by this same organization (UNICEF, etc.). Letting followers die rather than purchase a 25 cent national ID card. Chastising members for using postage stamps with national emblems.

Promoting their HQ as a happy wonderful place that makes Disneyland a ghetto in comparison. Luring countless young people there to slave and toil for next to nothing, enduring verbal abuse, and strict discipline, with few career opportunities, while at the same time discouraging young people from a career in the military or a college education where they could gain valuable career training.

Promoting the idea among their followers that they were being directed by God in every detail of their organization, and that they studied, researched, meditated and prayed earnestly over every decision so as to get God's spirit and guidance on every matter. Actually doing little study when issues came up, deciding life-changing matters on a whim, through backroom politics, and by a vote much like the board of any corporation. When learning the truth about these things, did not leave their positions out of conscience, following the example of Ray Franz, but rather to perpetuate the corrupt system and milk it for all it was worth.

These are the worst sins, in my opinion.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit