What's the worst sin that you knew a JW commited? Espec. Elders, Bethelites

by FreeofGuilt 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Prufrock
    Prufrock

I know one ex-pioneer and MS who was almost the most unethical businessman I have come across. He and his partner used the witness network to hire brothers all across the country in their cleaning business. When the workers were mistreated, shortchanged etc. They would have a meeting with them and secretly record the proceedings. They would rile their employees up until they used bad language, which they would use as leverage against these ones, and as they were often in positions of responsibility, they would not press their issues. He was also a wife beater and frequenter of prostitutes and too this day is not d/fed. It is funny that if he and I are at any witness functions together which is very rare, people will speak to him but not to me. I am not d/fed either but I make no secret of my allegiances.

• metatron
    metatron

Did the Watchtower Society knowingly support a live-in mistress for Judge Rutherford? Old-timers knew about this

scandal. He controlled everything so what could they do?

I knew about a molestation/attempted rape that elders covered up and lied about. After the facts came out, the Society

did nothing, zilch, zero.

metatron

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The worst sin?

Pride. The arrogant, unbelievably condescending worldview that is inherent in any us/them theology. and every damned one of the Witnesses and Fundies is enmeshed in pride!

Fornication will get you df'ed - like a magic key to the real world... but pride will get you damned and thrown out of heaven. Fornication is simply not a sin, it is an unfortunate mistake or simply an animal act - but pride is an unholy thing that God works actively against.

CZAR

• JT
    JT

soj SAYS:

Gossip is idle personal talk; groundless rumor. Slander is defamation, generally malicious, whether oral or written.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

now for the $64,000 question

be honest SOJ tell us HOW MANY POST HAVE YOU READ, 2, 3, 4 OR IS IT MORE

• JT
    JT

Here is a true story!

About two years ago, no three, no hold it I think it was like five years ago, anyways, five years ago, well it wasn't five, I can't really recall. There was this elder, maybe he was an MS at the time, no hold it,I know, it was a regular pioneer, not a guy but a girl. Yeah she looked at me funny in one meeting. I will never forget that look. All JWs are the same!

ALL TOGETHER NOW -- SOJ IS A HYPOCRITE- just joking man, just joking we know you like to read that juicy stuff

• JT
    JT

jUST uS

DEEP STORY

THANKS

• blondie
    blondie

What is the worst sin--a deliberate lie that leads to the injury or death of another.

Blondie

• Buster
    Buster

Sword, tell me if these are firsthand enough for ya:

- MS in my cong was DF'd for having coitus with his teenage daughter (A friend of mine)

- My brother-in-law's brother (JW in good standing, and in debt) went to prison for 5 years for dealing coke to federal officials

- A CO's wife in NJ had sex with her 17-yr-old daughter's 19-yr-old boyfriend (I was the boyfriend and it was one thing I never got called into a JC for)

These ain't no rumors, or innuendo, or even 'somebody else's business.' And they aren't isolated events either - and you know that.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

A sad situation happened in my neck of the woods. An MS/Pioneer got drunk & went drag racing against another car. The other car lost control and all 4 teens died. The JW was the son of a very prominent elder. The entire family switched congregations, as far as I know he was never disciplined by a JC and the family hired a high profile lawyer who got the four counts of involuntary manslaughter dropped. I know he got several years of probation. To his credit, the JW was really distraught over his role. The local newspapers had a field day and reported that JWs were involved.

• sandy
    sandy

One of the Elder's in the KH I used to attend was going (alone) over this single mother's house to "encourage" her.

It tuned out they were having an affair. I do not know how all the details came out but they were both publicly reproved on the same night.

It didn't take a genius to figure out what happened. LOL

The "other sister" and the wife hated each other publicly from that night on.

The elder was forced to step down and he and his wife stayed together. They moved congregations shortly after that.

Still, they would all see each other at assemblies. My friends and I enjoyed watching that show.

The "other sister" was evil; she was always pushing her presence on the husband and wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit