What's the worst sin that you knew a JW commited? Espec. Elders, Bethelites

by FreeofGuilt 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

SOJ,

Can you clarify this:

Proverbs 6:16-19: " There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers."

Did you miss quote, or is this yet another inconsistency in the Bible? If so, I'll have to add it to my list.

Silverleaf

• minimus
    minimus

Sword, she probably looked at you funny because she knew you were posting on these sites and being a bad sword of Jah.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

[I apologize if this posts twice]

SOJ, can you please clarify,

Proverbs 6:16-19: " There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers."

Did you misquote or is this yet another inconsistency in the Bible?

Silverleaf

• shera
    shera

A brother was stealing from clients from his work.My mother told me about this one,he worked at the same place as her and she told me after he was fired.

Another brother had a young girl living with him and his wife and he liked to touch parts that were off limits. I knew this girl,after this happened and came out,she was gone and his minsterial servant was taken away. We never heard from this girl again,I think she left and moved back home with her family who arenot JW's.

• shera
    shera
    Slander is defamation, generally malicious, whether oral or written.

Sword of who? Can you get ANYTHING RIGHT?????? Slander is verbal LIBEL IS WRITTEN geesh. Maybe if your head wasn't so FAR up your butt sometimes you could look this up on the internet before posting and making a butt of yourself.

Also, if it is the truth why is it gossip? Gossip is speculation. Truth is truth if they didn't do it we wouldn't be talking about it.

Thankyou Sheila

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

I don't mean to hijack the post, but this quote from Proverbs really got to me:

Proverbs 6:16-19: " There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul:

lofty eyes - "Keep your eyes on the prize?"

, a false tongue, - Armageddon will surely come in 1975

and hands that are shedding innocent blood, - don't give that child a blood transfusion, let him die!

a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, - don't save for retirement, the new system will be here by then

feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, - if a pedophile repents, let him back in the congregation

a false witness that launches forth lies, - that person who got DF'd must have been demonized, you know she sleeps with smurfs

and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers - shun worldly people, even they're your own family

Now was that six or seven? I forget.

Silverleaf

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Sword of Jah:

I think you missed this in my earlier post or else you chose to ignore it:

The unloving manner in which bethel deals with individual bethelites (the grunts get screwed, the elite get away with much more) and how they deal with individual members of the congregations is in my opinion the greatest sin of an organization that claims to represent god.

Care to address this?

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Well Uzzah I'll tell you a secret,

I heard first hand from my cousin that heard it first hand from his best friend that knew the sister of the brother of the best friend of an elder that used to be a Bethelite that was told by another Bethelite that heard it from a Bethel elder that he heard another Bethelite in the next cublicle talk on the phone to his mom telling her that he couldn't believe what his roomate had told him about the Bethelite in Walkill that said that a Bethelite in Patterson had been kicked out for no reason at all.

This is a fact!

• blondie
    blondie

JWs are the worst gossips, SOJ. That's why we know all this supposedly confidential stuff. Some elder had to tell his wife and she had to tell her best friend and so on, and so on. I don't know how many times a Bethelite would tell me there are 3 modes of communication, tel-a-graph, tel-e-phone, and Tell-A-Bethelite.

BTW, what are you doing here? If the elders and/or the CO find out, your "privileges" will be gone with the wind. You could even be DF'd for associating with apostates.

Blondie

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Well, the worst sin that I know about was of a wealthy P.O in the Duncanville TX cong who was questioned for unclean conduct (he touched a sister on her breasts). Unbelievably, he was allowed to remain a P.O.

When the sister's husband demanded something be done and nothing happened he went ballistic and attacked the P.O in the kingdom hall parking lot after the meeting. Shortly after this another elder’s wife came forward and also implicated this P.O. Finally, a committee was sent down from bethel. After it was all over this P.O was found to have had sex with at least six women in the congregation and had fondled at least two others. Subsequently, he disassociated himself and sent letters to all the witness’s in the immediate area. I read his letter but never bought into his defense, which was he was being targeted because of his wealth.

Hey cruzanheart about the wife swapping story. Was one of the participants named Debbie last initial E?

Merc'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit