What's the worst sin that you knew a JW commited? Espec. Elders, Bethelites

by FreeofGuilt 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

DJ - Yeap.... I would have to agree with that statement.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Gopher
    Gopher

Run_don't_walk,

I have sent you a PM through this board. We may have discovered the tip of an iceberg -- a real scandal !!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Sin might be sin, but there are levels of severity. All sin wasn't created equal.

• DJ
    DJ

Stink,

The NT teaches that all sin is sin and there is no difference. There are no levels except the unforgiveable sin against the holy spirit it seems that folks generally don't live too long after that one. ie annanais and saphira. (sp)

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Well DJ as you are well aware, the Bible doesn't dictate all aspects of my life, therefore I believe that certain sins are worse than others. For example: when your friend asks you if there ugly painting is pretty, and you LIE and say that it is, that's as bad as murdering an innocent person? Nope, I don't think so. Both are sins and one is worse than the other, therefore all sins aren't equal.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

DJ - there has to be a levels to sin... such as you cannot get disfellowshipped for some sins, only reproof. But others will get you kicked straight out. At least within the borg.. there definately are levels.

Kansas District Overbeer

• DJ
    DJ

LOL@ prcapone.....what else is new?

Stink,

As you know, I was coming from the view that the bible teaches us that God has about sin. imo, that is a very poor analogy. You can have the last word here. I know that you have that need....have fun.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

DJ-

Will you do me one favor, please? Give me the scripture(s) that say that all sins are equal, I'm curious.

PS: This is a discussion board, you shouldn't make statements and then are not be willing to 1) back them up or 2) discuss them. . IMO

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Talk about straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel! Obviously this is meant to be a voyeuristic, gossipy thread. Perhaps it would have been better entitled: Post your congregation's dirty little secrets". Now that that's been cleared up, how about some more goss?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

LOL @ Stephanus

What?!?!? Nothing to share? I'm sure you know SOMETHING juicy!

Kansas District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit