What's the worst sin that you knew a JW commited? Espec. Elders, Bethelites

by FreeofGuilt 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreeofGuilt
    FreeofGuilt

The PO of my congregation was screwing another elders wife- I have more, but I wanna hear yours! Kristine

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Down in my dad's old congregation, a long, LONG time ago (the era of "Urban Cowboy"), there were three married couples who liked to go to country/western clubs and dance. Well, evidently they took the admonition of "change partners and dance" a little TOO seriously, and started swapping mates. This ended up with a bunch of disfellowshipping, several divorces, and a fistfight in front of the local community college by two of the husbands. Very entertaining!

Nina

• Soledad
    Soledad

an elder in my congregation defrauded an older man out of $200,000 (not a JW). he fled the country for a short period of time but was eventually tried and convicted. as far as I know he's still in prison.

the same elder allegedly ( ) set fire to a home he owned adjacent to his office. the tenants were home at the time. noone was seriously hurt but it was a close call. It couldn't be proven but everyone suspected him.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

A friend of a friend's father who was an elder at the time was charged with embezzeling money from a chain of local daycares. The whole thing got kinda of nasty. When the media found out he was a jw they had a fields day with him!

• shamus
    shamus

There were about 4 brothers who had a private little party when one of the guys parents went away... well, they all went into the hot tub, and, well, let's just say that they experienced a homosexual type experience....

They were all DF'd...

• avishai
    avishai

Being accessories to child molesting is the worst I can think of.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Well , great question , I have so many, so keep checking back to this thread , it may go on for a long time !!!!!!!

By far the worst for me ( I know we all left the borg for various reasons, but this one made me think deeply and find enough courage to get out.)

A girl (17-18) of a well recognized elder, had gotten pregnant by her JW boyfriend (to make it worse) And I still can't believe it, but they got the money, kept it quiet from family (I found out because I was fairly close to him, we were good friends) and had an abortion. I learned a lot that day, How can you scare your children so much, and they do something like this. I don't blame the young couple, I blame the parents, for not living in the reality of planet earth. They were so scared, they saw no way out ......

So sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

An Elder once told my mother that if it wasnt for the fact that he was an Elder (funny thing is that he is married... I guess she isnt as important as his title) that he would have tried to have sex with her.

Kansas District Overbeer

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Another time the PO of our congregation had been acting odd around his family for weeks. One day he turns up missing and had moved in with a Publisher from the same congregation. A few months later (after being DF'd) he returns to his wife and asks for forgiveness. 2 weeks after she took him back he left again and went back to the other woman. Everyone that was close to the family kept saying how he had beed demonized or possesed because apparently the publisher had once been a witch.

Kansas District Overbeer

• DJ
    DJ

sin is sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit