What's the worst sin that you knew a JW commited? Espec. Elders, Bethelites

by FreeofGuilt 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mulan
    Mulan

The absolute worst thing I have ever heard of does not involve sex.

Elders called on a 21 year old pioneer sister, who was staying at home while her parents were on a business trip. They decided to take this opportunity to counsel her about a young man she was seeing that they thought was not a good association for a pioneer. They guilted her to such an extent, that after they left, she took her life. They made her feel like she had committed a terrible sin. After her death was discovered, they said they had handled the situation like one of the GB would have. Of course the funeral could not be held at the KH................one of the first things they said to the parents when they returned home.

True story. The daughter of Makena and Sabine.

It breaks my heart everytime I think of it. Those men should be SHOT!!!!!!!!!! Or something else very painful.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Umm, my pious, ultra-JW MS brother picked up a monkey wrench to attack my dad and he isn't getting punished. Can that count as a scandal?

• tonyend
    tonyend

The worst sin I know of is that a certain lurker JW with the initials "SOJ" was reading apostate websites. Then again, so is tonyend!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

during the building of the 2 day kingdom hall, guess the security person fell asleep (must of been in on it ), some brothers helped themselves to lots of wood, bricks, tools, etc. etc. etc. they did get caught. How pathetic !!!!!!!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

this one I found odd, a brother's wife had just passed away in our congregation, well not two weeks later, he's sitting with a sister from another congregation, and a month later they were married at the Kingdom Hall. I don't know, draw your own conclusions.

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

RDW

Almost identical story, but the one I knew also gave new wife all late wifes clothes and belongings, boy were the kids furious, and rightly so I believe. Caused a scandal in the whole area and those close to it didn't enjoy going on the ministry for a while afyer that as it alwasys seemed to come up, they were so well known.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Well DJ as you are well aware, the Bible doesn't dictate all aspects of my life, therefore I believe that certain sins are worse than others. For example: when your friend asks you if there ugly painting is pretty, and you LIE and say that it is, that's as bad as murdering an innocent person? Nope, I don't think so. Both are sins and one is worse than the other, therefore all sins aren't equal.

This is not what I was taught by the sister who studied with me. I posed almost exactly the same question, and she said yes, that lying about whether or not the picture was pretty was as bad as murder. Rosemarie

• berylblue
    berylblue

So, apparently, the good manner with which I was raised have damned me to eternal destruction. Can't win.

Rosemarie

• Gadget
    Gadget

During a quickbuild, me and my best friend were on security overnight and got rather intoxicated. We just managed to get up in time for everyone turning up the next morning. We got caught because our football had left dirty marks all over the walls and it had to be repainted!

I also know a sister who used to be raped by her boyfriend. It only stopped because a woman he was studying with got pregnant by him whilst this was going on. He was DF'd for getting the study pregnant, but the rapes were never mentioned.

• voltaire
    voltaire

Buster had sex with the CO´s wife....AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a brother in our hall who had an affair with his mother-in-law. He was later(years later) appointed an elder which eventually led to the whole thing becoming known to the elders. The older elders knew about it but didn´t say anything, the younger onés didn´t have a clue, which helped him get appointed. His wife never really got over it. Suffered emotionally for years, but her father forgave her mother. Plus she had kids. After her father died, she lost it(DESERVEDLY, IN MY OPINION). She finally divorced and remarried.I hope she´s finally at peace and happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit