District Assembly talks about apostates............

by integ 83 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Is flabbergaster a counterfit word? What about fartknocker?

How long must we wait for the "more to come" part to get here? . tapping foot, checking watch.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Why do those points sound like the Wizard of Oz movie where the "wizard" said, "Do not pay any attention to the little man behind the curtain."

lol, the curtain has been ripped open!!

j2bf

• rocketman
    rocketman

Thanks for the updates Integ.

Well, once again, no dicussion of facts, no proof offered, no issues discussed. Just the assertion that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

As infuriating as the WTS IS...(anything negative about us is all apostate lies), the more they harp on this, the more curious they may be making the "soon-to-be disgruntled ones! That old saying (Shakespeare?) , "I think thou doth protest too much", could have a more injurious effect on the "flock" than just leaving it alone.

We KNOW the WTS always has everything they print or utter, carefully scrutinized prior to making their thoughts public........and we ALSO know that for the most part for MANY years...the WTS has kept maddeningly quiet when under fire; to leave the "guilt or innocence" question ever-dangling in the air.

So *I* must now wonder, WHY are they choosing to meet this "apostate/internet" thing, head-on during a District Convention.....if not because they ARE more than concerned about the many sheep who are LOOKING at these sites and asking faaaaaaar too many questions on local levels?

Damage control USED to be silence from the WTS camp. It appears that "current" damage control has been upped a few levels to a new tactic.

Call it hopeful, call it wishful thinking or call it pipe-dreaming....but if the WTS is THIS frightened of even a remote possibility that "apostate thinking" is being able to permeate the "weakened" JW mind....all I can say is;

YES!

Hugs,

Annie

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    that no doubt Jehovah himself is sickened by their lies and distortions of righteous truth".

Yeah, but Jehovah isn't sickened by their false prophesies, date setting, twisting of scripture, lives ruined, lives lost and countless lies told by these old men in Brooklyn and their blind yes men and followers

God, I'm so glad I'm out.

• nowisee
    nowisee

(((((big tex))))) it seems like an angry day and a painful day for you. i wish we could help to ease things for you. please take care.

nowisee

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    .."We need to test inspired expressions, how? We do well to ask ourselves..."Is what these apostates saying different from what the Faithful and Discreet slave class say?

What devastating logic! I'm going back to the KH tomorrow! LOL

I wonder how many in the audience sit there like I did at my last DC (2001) and think "If this is the truth, then what is there to be afraid of?" when they start going on about the internet.

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower Society successfully has told the rank and file what to do and they have followed orders. In the past, if they labeled a person or thing as being bad, then it was simply accepted with no questions asked. Today, we have a new generation of independant thinkers. Some Witnesses are educated. In the 60's and 70's no Witness went beyong High or trade school. Today, we have the INTERNET. Anyone can learn what's going on in this big, bad world. If JW's are being admonished to in effect, stop watching the news, they just won't do that. There's no getting away from this debacle that the Society's front office finds itself in. Things will only get worse. Printing new Youth books will not stop natural, normal desires. TELLING us what we have to think and do, will not work. The "end" really is "around the corner"!

• freedom96
    freedom96

If I were still a witness, and I heard a talk telling me not to go to a site because of the fear of apostates, I would have turned on the computer as soon as I got home and checked the site out.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    hmmm, sounds like they are afraid, very afraid.

don't look behind the curtain, I am the great and powerful Oz.

LOL! Nice correlation!

Oh my goodness, I am so happy to be an apostate and not believe that bullsh*t anymore. Hot damn and hallelujah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit