District Assembly talks about apostates............

by integ 83 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

Well if they can't answer a simple question based on their own alleged truth with all the "divine connections and guidance", it does a hell of a lot more than make them "appear" to be wrong!

• Makena1
    Makena1

quote: "BEWARE OF APOSTATE WEBSITES- Attendees admonished to avoid this "snare of satan" and "shun badness". Speaker makes statement "There are even web site "chat forums" , filled with such hateful speech, and so blatantly apostate, that no doubt Jehovah himself is sickened by their lies and distortions of righteous truth". He continued.."We need to test inspired expressions, how? We do well to ask ourselves..."Is what these apostates saying different from what the Faithful and Discreet slave class say? "Jesus himself said at Acts 3:23 to listen to this Faithul Slave". "Flee from badness" Rom. 16:17. And by all means brothers.. DO NOT RETURN TO THE APOSTATES DOCTRINAL VOMIT". Some websites even offer questions to ask our brothers and sisters in service...AS IF THEY COULD STUMBLE THEM BY TWISTING WORDS AROUND, IN ORDER TO MAKE JAH'S ORG. APPEAR TO BE OUT OF STEP WITH THE TRUTHFUL SAYING'S OF GOD'S WORD. "

What percentage of the audience that are either wavering a bit in their JW belief system, or are curious will ignore the above warning and start visiting sites like this?

In my opinion, it's like telling your child not to do something - knowing full well that they probably will because you brought it up!!!

Thanks for the update.

Makena

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    3) You trust your Christian parents...Listen to them. You also trust those taking the lead among you..Such as Elders. Come to them if you have problems, or any sins to confess.

Yes, that's a good idea. Let me come to my "Christian" parents, like my mother who stood in the doorway as her father raped me. I screamed and begged her to help me but she turned away. Or maybe I should come to my "Christian" father who would sneak into my room and do things I do not have the guts to repeat here. And when I told my "Christian" mother, she beat me until my nose was broken.

Or maybe I should approach the "Christian" elders who, after I "confessed this sin" replied, "What do you want me to do about it?"

Damn them all to hell.

• goldfish
    goldfish

I just couldn`t sit there and listen to that clap trap! What a load of bogey! Just proves they are fearful of loosing control over people. I`ll give the assembly a miss this year (-:

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Yes and you're fortunate to sit in an uncomfortable seat for hours at a time, while some men dictate how to live your lives. Now they can use the Internet as a subject matter. And when I first came into the WT, it was about rollerskating parties.

• blondie
    blondie

We are not going this year. Yay! The talks are well-rehearsed manuscripts without a single shred of personality in them. I hope more are encouraged to go out there and see why those "apostate" sites are so bad. I hope a seed of doubt is planted that is watered by the hypocrisy they see at the KH.

Blondie

• shamus
    shamus

Apostate in the dictionary states:

One who has abandoned one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause.

Although we may be "Apostate" by leaving a cult, I wonder how they can rightly call news reports "Apostate"? By its very nature, the wording is wrong, wrong, wrong. Of course, they're blinded by the truth, right?

Man, they sure don't like us too much, eh? How dare we talk about the weirdness that went on with our faith...

• Nikita
    Nikita

OMG. I am ROFLMAO!

I can't believe I used to fall for that junk

I'll say it loud and proud- I AM AN APOSTATE!!!

Nikita

• Beans
    Beans

It's about goddamn time we got some recognition eh!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• wednesday
    wednesday

Things they are saying, it would have made me afraid once. And i would have obeyed. It took so long before i was able to venture out and look at what they condemn.I think that many JWS are the sme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit