District Assembly talks about apostates............

by integ 83 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven
    "Do not visit www.jehovahs-witness.com!"

If that happens we can expect a tsunami of newbies! Hah! bring it on!

Greven

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'm still amazed at how blatant and, for the Tower, honest this statement was. They must be really hurting. It's also interesting that they've been forced into telling the truth for once. If they were going to follow the former "vague threat" strategy, then a total ban of the internet would be on the cards. This can never be feasible in this day and age, however. So now they're telling the sheep exactly what paddocks they're not allowed to wander into and what to expect if they do. The sheep now know what is out there; the speaker at this assembly has inadvertently been advertising for the competition by actually admitting that there IS competition. And the punters are going to be curious; those with vague doubts will be out there looking for these sites that the Borg have now admitted to exist and the macho cowboys will be looking for us too. This can only be a good thing.

• little witch
    little witch

I remember the ''threat'' of the time being:

television ( all three channels)!

Skating rinks

"Worldly Music""

"Worldly Dancing"

''The Generation Gap" , uhg, for a decade, the 70's

Clothes

more than one ear-peircing

disco

tattoo's

movies

peanut butter, (jiff)

lsd

marijuana

and most of all ''demonic influence''!

They just stay attuned to the latest fad, and act accordingly. I'm sure now it is rap music, the internet, tattos, body pircing, tv, movies, ecstacy, marijuana, and most of all, demonic influence!!

Some things never change.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Jesus himself said at Acts 3:23 to listen to this Faithul Slave

Did they actually say this in the talk, using that scripture? If so, they are either changing their understanding of this scripture or deliberately misusing it. Acts 3:22,23 says: "For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from among his people.'" The WTS has always acknowledged that the "prophet like Moses" was Jesus himself, and that he was the one who must be listened to. If they are now applying it to themselves, we have yet another example of their unparalleled arrogance.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

peanut butter?????

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Funny, they soun very similar to "Baghdad Bob" thanx for the post

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thank you LORD Jesus for making me an apostate....I am so grateful when I read that drivel.... I sat there all those years trying so hard to measure up... Trying so hard to please a god who was never satisfied.Taking beatings because I was a faithful witness. Believing all the "LOVING ELDERS" told me like "Sister if you were a man you would be an elder"" Vanity,Vanity all is vanity That was me,,,,,, I am ashamed I followed imperfect men!! Yup! I am a very imperfect woman.....But HEY Christ set me free..... Sorry if this offends anyone but I do want the eyes of those who are given the job to "see what those apostates are up to".

Tex (((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Wasn't C.T. Russell apostate from the Prebstyrian church?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Jesus himself said at Acts 3:23 to listen to this Faithul Slave

My advice to anyone hearing such words is, No, he didn't!!

Firstly, the words were the recorded words of Peter, not Jesus.

Secondly, they should be read in context; something the Borg is loathe to do, as we know. The context shows Peter was speaking to Jews about those whom God had sent to them, like Moses and the prophets, culminating in Jesus himself.

It has nothing to say about a "faithful and discreet slave" or about the WTS.

Cheers, Ozzie

• little witch
    little witch

YES, KGFREE,

PEANUT BUTTER!

THEY SAID IT HAD BLOOD IN IT!

JIF TO BE EXACT! I AM NOT JOKING!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit