Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Reminder: the correct people to blame for this is the Communist leadership of China.

Individual countries are doing better or worse but few dramatically so. This site lets you compare them - the variations are mostly down to different environments and there's some belief now that ventilators may not be the way to treat this anyway.

http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

There have been many failings again, to greater or lesser extents in different countries. The Government of Canada destroyed 2 millions masks 6 months ago without replacing them. But it's not just the current governments fault.

It's everyone who made steps toward outsourcing things to China in the last 30-40 years with the sole decision hinging on $, always cheapest wins.

We need to get back to making things ourselves, everything, but especially critical supplies.

And we need to blame the right people for what is happening. That is the lying shits that are the Chinese Communist party.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    everyone who made steps toward outsourcing things to China in the last 30-40 years with the sole decision hinging on $, always cheapest wins.
    We need to get back to making things ourselves, everything, but especially critical supplies.
    And we need to blame the right people for what is happening. That is the lying shits that are the Chinese Communist party.

There is currently a class action suit, suing the govt of China. The USA, Australian and British citizens involved. One lady has suffered devastating losses with 10 family members either dead or currently very sick.

i wish them all the luck in the world. This was no “accident” in a Wuhan wet market, half of the initial affected patients had zero connection with that market.

This is not incompetence. This is evil.

• belogical
    belogical

Unfortunately Singapore has a large migrant workforce who live in conditions similar to a wetmarket and when these Migrant workers returned from holiday a firestorm of infection overwhelmed the country.

One interesting comparison is that of Ireland and New Zealand almost identical populations and both surrounded by a moat (island nations)

look how New Zealand has stopped the virus in its tracks compared with Ireland.

Date 22/04/2020

Country Cases Deaths Recovered

Ireland 16040 730 9233

New Zealand 1451 14 1036

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The U.K is surrounded by the Sea, but our inept Government did nothing to control the Borders, and is still allowing people to enter, with no health check, and then toddle off in to the community.

Many are saying this is obviously not just incompetence, but deliberate Policy

They seem determined as a Government to kill off the vulnerable, State Genocide.

• cofty
    cofty
    deliberate Policy - State Genocide - Phizzy

If it is state policy to kill of the vulnerable why the actual fuck are we all in lock-down with not even a hint of when it will end?

Criticism of the government is important. These sort of vile conspiracy theories spread on social media are more damaging to society than the virus.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Lock down" is not what we are really in Cofty, a real lock down would protect our Borders, we also went far too late in to the mild, half-arsed lock down we now have, even Starmer , the Leader of the so-called Opposition, said this in Parliament today.

Too little, too late is what our Government have done, and criticism is not uncalled for, if they were allowed to get away with it, they would not even bother to do the pathetically little they are doing, the provision of PPE has been woeful, this is all a result of ten years of under funding the NHS, of ignoring the recommendations of the Pandemic practice run carried out in 2016 which Jeremy Hunt IGNORED. It said, Prepare, build up stocks of PPE, Fund the NHS,... he did NOTHING. The Conservative Government took this decision.

Their record is indefensible, unless you are blinded by the propaganda that comes via the Right Wing controlled Media. Mind Control, similar to that employed by the JW's, is used by such media, lack of information, a dearth of truth, and people, they know, will swallow the crap they are fed, and Vote Tory. Well, they, and sadly all in the U.K, are reaping what they have sown.

• Simon
    Simon
    this is all a result of ten years of under funding the NHS

NHS Spending as a % of GDP - there is plenty of money being spent, you should really focus on how well it is spent.

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/chart/nhs-spending-as-a-percentage-of-gdp-1950-2020

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Simon, the NHS is far from perfect, well that is an understatement, it is, frankly, mismanaged. This is not the fault of the front line Staff of course, but, despite your two year old graph, the Service has been cut, under funded, I still stand by that, relentlessly for decades, under a " Labour" Government, but really harshly since 2010 under the Conservatives.

Huge savings could be made by getting rid of the crap Management, and employing people dedicated to delivering the Service as it was envisaged in 1948. Yes, the money invested as a percentage of GDP may have to increase somewhat, but the Management I refer to are a hindrance to running an efficient Service, fit for purpose. Most have been employed to simply carry out the cuts. And these people are hugely expensive.

• cofty
    cofty

Phizzy - I said that criticism of the government is important. You deliberately ignored that.

THEN I said that vile conspiracy theories that accuse our government of wilful genocide are harmful.

I try to be concise so that it's more difficult to misrepresent me. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

• Simon
    Simon
    the Service has been cut, under funded, I still stand by that, relentlessly for decades, under a " Labour" Government, but really harshly since 2010 under the Conservatives.

No, it hasn't - it has eaten an increasing share of GDP and all that's happened is the relentless and unsustainable growth in spending has been curtailed somewhat in recent years.

There are people managing it that are overpaid and there are also people in it that apparently, at the height of a pandemic when they are supposedly the busiest ever, have enough time to play about making dance routine videos while wearing the PPE that they claim they can't spare (but can waste for TikTok apparently).

The NHS would take every penny the country has if it could, it needs to do better with what it's given.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit