Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

The growth rate is possibly slowing in many countries, likely as a result of the social distancing.

Note: it's still growing, but growing more slowly - that means we're starting to beat it.

• Simon
    Simon

More promising results - the rate of growth is slowing. Note, it's still growing, we've just slowed down the increase in the growth, but that is the first step ... hopefully the chart continues to go down until it becomes zero / negative. Then we're truly winning:

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The news reports corona tests. Are these specific to c19, or others also. It seems everyone who sneezes is suddenly suspect.

• LV101
    LV101

Thx, Simon - I'll take anything positive - just heard we're possibly weeks away from a peak -- are you kidding me.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Around here the allergy season is ramping up with tree pollen. My burning eyes and congestion is normal this time of year. I still worry about Covid 19 exposure though as I am a senior and likely to have issues.

• Simon
    Simon

Something else positive - although there are deaths caused by Covid-19, all this "staying at home" and social distancing is reducing other deaths. We'll probably come out of this ahead, with fewer overally deaths than a normal year.

• Simon
    Simon

Less good are the current mortality rates. Some will hopefully come down as more testing is done of not just symptomatic patients (so we're not just looking at a sub-section of the worst affected and those hospitalized with it) but most stats seem to be converging to something just over 1%

• Simon
    Simon

The virus is getting the message, we'll win this:

https://m.xkcd.com/2287/

• caves
    caves

A human named "Gloria Gaynor' filmed herself singing at her bathroom sink. LMAO That caught me off guard.

• Simon
    Simon

Were you petrified?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit