Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Some promising news on how the curve has been flattened in Italy. Lockdowns are working!

(I don't think China should be included, their figures are false and misleading)

• Simon
    Simon

And a chart adjusted for population, showing that the US is doing pretty well compared to the headline EU countries. Although I wish people would compare like-for-like (EU states vs US states, or EU vs US)

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks for update, Simon -- I check under this topic to brace myself for the news. Who would ever trust anything they say in the first place - I realize countries are desperate for crumbs of reality but they've clearly concealed the numbers using the power of deception (communism - not that they're unique) and initially lied there is no human transfer with this virus.

• Simon
    Simon

And their lackeys the WHO - we should stop funding that waste of space / Chinese propaganda arm.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I’d reckon China has somewhere round 100,000 deaths and at least 1,000,000 infections. They don’t want any part of that graph. News organisations should start listing China as “unreported” if they are serious about accuracy.

• LV101
    LV101

Did I hear that the US is the biggest financial contributor for WHO! Why am I not surprised.

• Simon
    Simon

The Johns Hopkins status page is now showing confirmed cases over 1 million and 50,000 deaths.

The first wave is really still to hit. Stay safe people. Stay inside.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Governor Inslee just extended the stay at home order in Washington State to May 4th.

The curve in Italy looks like its flatter only because its on a logarithmic scale. Take a look at the scale on the sides. I think we have a long way to go.

• newsheep
    newsheep

I think this is way beyond anyone's scope. There are so many that have it and don't know they have it. Shortage of test kits in Ontario so people are just told to go home and isolate. No real record number accept those who tested positive for it.

Today we were told to wear masks since we don't know who might have it. They might not know they have it but if everyone wears a mask when going out to do groceries then they have done their part to help flatten the curve. I have been wearing the mask for almost a month now because I don't trust our prime minister Trudeau. Today he gave his speech and was wearing winter gloves and was doing some coughing while drinking his water to wash down his BS. Someone asked him if he was sick and he said no.

What irritates me is when they say to wear a mask but then say not to wear the N95's. Sorry but Trudeau shipped out millions of those masks and I had mine three years ago when we put up a shop and I was doing chemo. More then ever now I am wearing it since I read up on Coronavirus and the liver. When I get a smirk I start to cough and those people back off real fast like twenty feet away from me. I made my point.

• caves
    caves

I just wanted to say that unfortunately for my brain before I had a massive panic attack. I had gone to each state (online) and as many counties as I could to look at their local news. Many counties are not even being counted in the number of positive COVID-19 cases and deaths. The numbers are far higher than they are saying. Many of those states are locally posting headlines pleading to be counted to get a more accurate number. This doesn't surprise me, but it sure broke my heart.

As I tried to do the math it became glaringly obvious that the numbers of cases and deaths are no where close to whats being reported. I got through about 11 -12 states and easily hit the numbers that they are saying for the entire US.

We have a long way to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit