GB Update #2, March 2024: Women allowed to wear pants, no ties/coats required if not giving a talk, & now able to greet DF ones in the KH!

by WingCommander 194 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Can someone remind me where the 90 day d/f time is mentioned in the bible ?

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

When he says the elders will meet with the disfellowshipped person to "help" them he means read a couple scriptures to them. The elders know nothing of psychology and therefore are unqualified to help.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    WingCommander - “…no doubt stems from the fact that people who are DFd and then step off the JW hamster wheel, very soon go onto the internet and learn ‘The Truth about the Truth’ and then never return…”

Very true.

Even though I just became inactive and faded, it was still a good year or so before I even considered reading XJW material on the net.

If I’d resumed an active JW life after only three months or so, I might have never come here.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    WingCommander - “…as usual, the JW leadership's dumbass policies have basically amounted to ‘shooting themselves in the foot’…”

Par for the course when your entire ideology hangs on the assumption that long-term planning is impossible, and whatever mistakes you make will soon be irrelevant, anyway.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

stan livedeath: Can someone remind me where the 90 day d/f time is mentioned in the bible ?

I believe it's in the book of Madeitup, chapter 19, verse 14.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Yes the show is over. The JW cult is dead.

what is in place is a new JW lite. It’s a completely different thing altogether.

the difference is night and day.

I love this new one better because anything goes. The worst thing that could happen is that you get DF’ed for 90 days but family will not shun you and it almost certainly won’t come to 90 days DF’ed anyway.

It really is anything goes.

There is also less pressure on anyone who expresses doubts. Many seem to be asking questions about why all the changes and how could the GB have been wrong about all these things upto now?

there are no consequences for doubting the GB.

There are no consequences for going against the direction. We can now celebrate anything.

what will happen if you take blood, celebrate Xmas and birthdays ect?

Elders will call round and ask if you are sorry if you say yes nothing will happen if you say no you could be DF’ed for 90 days

thats it

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Why bother with JWLite, if walking away gets the same result? Sounds like JWFree might be the logical step.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Tonus JWlite you still go to the BBQs and get invited to the camping trips ect.

I also think the meetings and ministry zoom or in person are a good social club

but if you don’t want to have these then yes POMO is your best bet

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What Tonus said.

Once you’ve declawed the tiger and pulled its teeth, what’s the point of even riding it anymore?

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

So the JW's in my congregation ( regarding the new dress code) are saying things like "When persecution comes we will not stand out when going to the meeting dressed in slacks like we would in a dress or skirt. The governing body is preparing us for something to come in the very near future."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit