GB Update #2, March 2024: Women allowed to wear pants, no ties/coats required if not giving a talk, & now able to greet DF ones in the KH!

by WingCommander 194 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

JW GoneBad, 14 disfellowshipped and more on restrictions? All sitting together at the back of the KH? There is a very real danger that they could start hanging out together and be each other's support group. I wonder if that ever happened in a congregation with enough disfellowshipped to make such a scenario worthwhile.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    There is a very real danger that they could start hanging out together and be each other's support group.

Have they officially lifted the ban on DFed people talking to each other? I guess some people may take it as implied, but it’s not explicitly stated. This is the way “reforms” can tend to get out of hand and go beyond what was originally intended.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    "...All sitting together at the back of the KH? There is a very real danger that they could start hanging out together and be each other's support group."

Actually, the question was raised if df'd ones could hang out together. They were told yes they could. That sort of made the harsh discipline of being df'd easier to take. To this day many former df'd ones are still close friends.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Actually, the question was raised if df'd ones could hang out together. They were told yes they could.

Where was it raised? And this response?

I’m pretty sure the elders’ book, and/or letters have said that DFed people should not talk to each other, and that if they did it was evidence of lack of repentance.

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

I totally agree Vidiot, I definitely would rather stand alone also.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Meant to say:

"Years from now JWs will ask: Which generation of JWs took their Ministry more seriously...The Z & X Generation or the Baby Boomer Generation? You tell me!"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ironically, since they stopped counting hours, local JWs have been turning out for field service in record numbers. (According to the CO at his visit - I have no direct knowledge as I don’t go to service meetings.) This may be true (others have said similar) but I wonder if it will last. It’s hard to imagine that it will last in the long term. The novelty of the situation is probably still hitting people.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Where was it raised?

It was raised by a few of the df'd ones in the congregation. And so the elders decided amongst themselves that those who were df'd could associate with one another. WT could have addressed the issue sometime later and formally in writing (maybe the Shepherd The Flock Book) told the elders otherwise.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    JW GoneBad - “…Back in the day, say the 80s & 90s the elders would have numerous meetings with those who were in trouble. The thinking was to reach & readjust such ones. Then the hammer came down from HQs telling elders that we had better things to do than to continually meet with wayward ones. We were told to be men & drop the ax so to speak & disfellowship…”

Sounds like either cutting off your nose to spite your face…

…or another tug on the leash.

• Yomama
    Yomama

Bottom line you can talk to df as long as you like they cant df for it if they do you can be reinstated 3 months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit