Do You Believe Polls Saying Trump Will Lose To Biden?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    "Allies-turned-critics"
    Haley said the President's decision to remove US troops from northern Syria during Turkey's plans to launch a military offensive in the region would equate to the US leaving its Kurdish allies "to die."
    After Trump tweeted: "Really bad news! The Baltimore house of Elijah Cummings was robbed. Too bad!"Haley replied, "This is so unnecessary."
    In December 2017, Haley said that the women who had accused President Trump of touching or groping them without their consent "should be heard." On October 9, 2018, she tendered her resignation as the U.N. ambassador, which President Donald Trump accepted.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I wouldn't want Trump in charge of hiring personnel in a Human Resource department.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

As always, the polls generally do not track specific candidates amongst likely voters, they just randomly call people and get a popularity vote.

Biden is more popular right now because he's been in the basement, he will most likely win the popular vote as long as he doesn't speak, but that's not how you pick a candidate. The minute Biden enters a podium and thereby the media spotlight, the real numbers will start coming in.

Given Biden has not yet picked a VP, you can't track the Biden ticket yet because it doesn't exist yet. Even if he wins the popular vote, he has to win the state votes and there a Biden win is very unlikely unless he flips pretty much all of the swing states which voted overwhelmingly for Trump last time and Clinton was a more potent candidate than Biden, especially in the demographics where it matters.

Biden's core demographics:

- Blacks - have been disillusioned by the establishment Democrats and more and more conservative black voices are coming up.

- Progressive young people - have been disillusioned as well but for different reasons, Biden isn't Sanders, he's not far enough to the left, young voters will stay home.

- Soccer/security moms - Defund the police won't be popular policy there

- Suburbs - White flight and Democratic strongholds polarization is having a very strong effect on the demographics and interests of the suburbs, turning typically blue districts more and more purple. Defund the police won't be popular there either.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

When Trump won the election, the most surprised person in the USA was Donald J. Trump. Then he hired Ivanka and Jared and things went downhill from there. He filled his administration with people that were against his agenda from the start later claiming he wanted a "team of rivals" just like Lincoln. I didn't vote for him (or Clinton either. First Presidential I sat out since 1984), but when he won I thought he had a crack at being a great President. Build the wall, crack down on immigration, get tough on China, and blah, blah, blah. Donald Trump is just a bull shit artist. But, I think Trump will win again because the Dems pandering to everyone the last few weeks has left a really bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

On a side note, I see the videos of Biden giving "speeches" or whatever they are supposed to be. He keeps looking to the left and right like any good speaker will. When I see these videos I can't help but think of the video of Michael Avenatti (remember that guy?) giving a press conference. I couldn't find a longer version.

https://twitter.com/FuctupMike/status/1152760360300154881

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hillary could not inspire people to vote FOR her. Now that people know what a buffoon Trump is, what a racist, narcissistic, incompetent, blackmailer, puppet of Russia, dictator-wanna-be, he really is, people will vote AGAINST Donald.

Despite the Democratic choice, Biden will win.

• Simon
    Simon

A vote for Biden is a vote for Antifa, no police, lawlessness and crime and the economy round your ankles.

Trump is the only choice.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    The minute Biden enters a podium and thereby the media spotlight, the real numbers will start coming in.

I'm afraid Biden will not be able to hold his own in a debate. Pretty sure Trump will roll all over him. We will all cringe to see Biden in confused daze tripping all over his words.

The only shot that Biden has is if he picks a very decent mate, and even then, at this point I just don't see him winning.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

If Trump wasn't such a tone deaf empty suit he would go to Tulsa tomorrow and tour the site of the Black Wall Street massacre. At the end of the tour he would lay a wreath in remembrance of those who suffered and died on that dreadful day and then announce that he will sign into law legislation that would make Juneteenth a National holiday. Some view this as more pandering but I think Trump, a Republican, signing into law a holiday that enshrines the Emancipation Proclamation that was made by Lincoln, the original Republican, would be almost poetic during this troubled time. It would also honor and remind people of the soldiers who fought and died to preserve the Union while crushing that peculiar institution, slavery. Democrats would hate this.

At the very least I hope Trump says something about Black Wall Street and the massacre that occurred there. But he will no doubt prattle on about building big beautiful walls and how great the economy will be "soon" (where have I heard that crap word before) and give shout outs to the military and cops...you know the script.

If you don't know anything about the Black Wall Street massacre, 60 Minutes had a segment on it last Sunday. It's worth the 15 minutes to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA8t8PW-OkA&feature=emb_logo

• minimus
    minimus

Onthewayout... are you still believing Trump

was a puppet of Russia?? Yep and he is a Russian agent

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the Democrats will win taking over both the Congress and the Senate in the process.

The mid term elections showed a trend to that direction as well.

Trump has suffered too many hits in his term as president, add in the recent pandemic and racial unrest problems and you have population looking for resolve and answers from their chief public representative .

I dont think the democrats have put up a candidate that will overwhelm the election either. Biden just doesn't have the vigor and articulation than a younger candidate would have, might be his actual age, might be to the fact that he's been in politics for a long time now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit