What did President Trump say about Sweden?

by kpop 236 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Bugbear. I am not in the USA I don't get Faux News.

Sweden and Norway and Germany and other countries have serious social problems resulting from mass immigration of Muslims. Parts of England have issues as well as Qcmbr described from his personal experience.

The truth lies somewhere between Trump's hysteria and the official statements of the Swedish and German governments.

Being concerned about mass immigration is is not synonymous with xenophobia. Islam is only compatible with western freedoms and democracy to the extent Muslims are prepared to jettison their culture of mysogyny, anti-semitism and contempt for non-muslims that permeates the societies they are fleeing from.

A good Muslim is an apostate or a lapsed Muslim at best.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Cofty

I donĀ“t think you are a xenophobian... But quoting your own words:

Islam is only compatible with western freedoms and democracy to the extent Muslims are prepared to jettison their culture of mysogyny, anti-semitism and contempt for non-muslims

Most "muslims" I know, are very embarrassed, by beeing connected to those muslims with a religious mind. In fact they are atheist, Theist or nonbelivers. They fled from a Islamic state that was just about to kill them for being "nonbelievers"

• cofty
    cofty

Yes. as I said above - "A good Muslim is an apostate or a lapsed Muslim at best".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The only people talking about "serious social problems" in Sweden are right wing idiots most of whom have never been to Sweden.

The Swedish police who cooperated with the "documentarian" that Trump referred to say he quoted them out of context and pretended they were answering different questions than they were answering in order to stigmatise migrants. They say they won't cooperate with such people making "documentaries" in future.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Yes. as I said above - "A good Muslim is an apostate or a lapsed Muslim at best".

You do realise this quote alludes to the old saying the "only good Indian is a dead Indian" or "the only good Indians I ever saw were dead"? Not exactly the most reputable cultural allusion on which to build a rhetorical case.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/541345?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The only people talking about "serious social problems" in Sweden are right wing idiots most of whom have never been to Sweden - I guess you haven't read Bohm's link on the previous page.

The Swedish radio host and her guest, police chief Erik Akerlund, effectively say that Sweden has serious social problems when they agree there are numerous areas where the residents attack the police, where the residents are reluctant to come forward with information, and where certain communities live under parallel societal structures that are outside Swedish law and societal structures.

I urge you to click on the link and listen to Erik Akerlund speaking with Sveriges Radio (in English).

• cofty
    cofty
    You do realise this quote alludes to the old saying the "only good Indian is a dead Indian" or "the only good Indians I ever saw were dead"? - SBF

Perhaps the most egregious lie I have had directed at me in almost 20,000 posts in this forum

Totally shameful of you and whatever coward "liked" it.

I wish Simon would include an "ignore" button, you would be top of my list.

This the sort of deeply dishonest behaviour that makes it impossible for people with differing opinions to exchange ideas. Totally contemptible.

• Simon
    Simon
    You do realise this quote alludes to the old saying the "only good Indian is a dead Indian" or "the only good Indians I ever saw were dead"? Not exactly the most reputable cultural allusion on which to build a rhetorical case.

Not really unless you are determined to make it that way.

Is it any different to saying the only good nazi is an ex-nazi? Is there anything wrong with saying that?

Many ex-Muslim voices are saying the exact same thing about what many refer to as "moderate" Muslims really being non-Muslims.

Moderate = no practicing or going through the motions for social / family reasons.

Devout = over adherence to a dangerous ideology and often a threat to society.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What are you talking about?

You said a good Muslim is an apostate. Or do you deny saying it? It's only a few posts back!

I am pointing out where that sort of language derives from and why it is disturbing.

• Simon
    Simon
    I wish Simon would include an "ignore" button, you would be top of my list.

Off topic but I have been playing around with a new Topic view which would allow you to filter an entire topic to either only show certain posters or to exclude certain posters (handy when you want to focus in on the interaction between certain people or exclude noise from those you don't care for on a busy thread).

It should be easy to make into a preference at some point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit