What did President Trump say about Sweden?

by kpop 236 Replies latest social current

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

So, am I wrong to assume that you are saying that no Muslims can be trusted, because no matter how they appear in public, they are all potential terrorists? Or are you saying that even if we believe not all are potential terrorists, we should still treat them as if they are?

The only foolproof solution would be to actually ban Muslims and deport all that are already here. Is that what you want? You don't hate Muslims, but don't want any around because you're afraid of them? Enquiring minds want to know!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't know if any particular interpretation makes a person "more" or "less" Muslim, either moderate or extreme.

What I said is that claiming the only "good" kind of Muslim is an apostate or ex-Muslim is an attempt to stigmatise anyone who claims to be a Muslim by forcing them either to renounce the identity or by categorising them as not "good".

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I judge a religion on:

A: What it inspires it's followers to do.

and, to a lesser degree,

B: How it's followers generally behave.

There is no doubt in my mind that Islam is by far one of the worst religions currently around. It's followers are so intolerant, bigoted, tribalistic, and dogmatic it's absolutely astounding. Mainstream Islam puts the Westboro Baptist Church to shame - and that's a tall order.

• Landy
    Landy

Just been listening to an interview on Radio 4's Today progam where a Swedish law professor has been interviewed after spending the last year researching the issue. It will be on Radio 4 catch up if ayone wants to listen.

Contrary to the facebooks posts by a swedish policeman that have been taken as gospel, the ethnicity and status of criminals are recorded. The crime rate amongst the immigrant community is twice as much as for the general Swedish populaton. Yes, this isn't good but it can be explained (not justified) by the socio-economic condition the immigrants live in, and yes, to a degree due to the conditions in their country of origin.

What isn't happening in sweden is gangs of maurading islamic rapists running round causing mayhem with large no go areas.

• Landy
    Landy

What I said is that claiming the only "good" kind of Muslim is an apostate or ex-Muslim is an attempt to stigmatise anyone who claims to be a Muslim by forcing them either to renounce the identity or by categorising them as not "good".

That.

The extremist Muslims are (rightly) condemmed for being extremist, and on here the Muslims who want to bring their religion up to date are condemmed as not being Muslim.

• Landy
    Landy

The Muslim you think might be your nice neighbour is not really your real friend anymore than the guy at the local car dealership is your friend even though he's super friendly if you go look at cars.

That's a hell of an assumption. And a nice neighbour is all I really need my Muslim next door neighbour to be.

• Landy
    Landy

And where's the cut off ... at what point do people stop being Muslim all together?

For all the people defending Islam, no one has ever come up with any explanation of what the actual difference is and why some are called Muslims and some are not.

It's up to an indiviual what he believes and what religion he considers himself to be. Freedom of religion remember.

A Muslim who doesn't agree with violence is a much a muslim, as a christian who accepts homosexuality is still a christian.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

There is no reason to believe that Muslims or catholic, or Pentecostal, or LDS, or JW:s or Amish or whatever is evil, What is evil, is that our individual mind accept that a book a prophet or priest can tell you that you must follow my God. Otherwise we will kill you. If your self-esteem your intelligence are low, and if the roots of your mind or brain packet is undereducated or if the elevator doesn´t reach the very top floor…..and if you doesn´t have a “critical mind”…..You are most likely to accept every idiotic teaching, just to feel the comfort of having friends…

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

bugbear I was visiting an area where I first received the TRUTH and it reminded me of how zealous I was when I first became a witness - I wanted to go out on my own to witness to people and do it in a hurry. I actually did go and do it indeependently after my study conductor had laboured the points - I was 16 and she was in her forties a well respected auxillary pioneer. In looking back I realised that she provoked my competitive spirit and my need at the time to be part of a group and to excel in that group. I had actually already signed to go to college at the time and that aim went out the window.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Muslim you think might be your nice neighbour is not really your real friend anymore than the guy at the local car dealership is your friend even though he's super friendly if you go look at cars.

That's a hell of an assumption. And a nice neighbour is all I really need my Muslim next door neighbour to be.

It's also strikingly similar to what I've been reading in Laurence Rees new book Holocaust. Many Germans objected to Nazi propaganda by saying that the Jews they knew personally were good people. So the Nazis produced a propaganda campaign (poison mushrooms) that argued that some Jews pretended to be good people but Germans should not be fooled. In fact these Jews who pretended to be good and ordinary Germans were the most dangerous of all because they were hiding what they truly were. Like mushrooms that appeared harmless it was claimed they were really poisonous.

http://www.aish.com/ho/p/Personal-Accounts-During-the-Holocaust.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit