Aunt Jemima and Mrs.Buttersworth Need To Be Destroyed!

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe Aunt Jemima will be white. I dunno.

Min ...

I doubt white. Perhaps a native-American transvestite with one leg.

Then they can check off more of the boxes when filling out the Employment Equal Opportunity forms to be politically correct.

• Davros
    Davros

aybe Aunt Jemima will be white. I dunno.

Min ...
    Perhaps a native-American transvestite with one leg.
    Then they can check off more of the boxes when filling out the Employment Equal Opportunity forms to be politically correct.

Rub: You forgot to add Lesbian......

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Maybe Aunt Jemima will be white.

That'll work as long as she is kneeling, apologizing for her privilege. Quaker Oats will have to focus group the concept.

If people are upset that Quaker is changing the look of the Aunt Jemima product line, the remedy is quite simple. Buy the Aunt Jemima line from Quaker and do what you want with it.

• minimus
    minimus

Funny thread if I should say so myself

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

I don't.see whatever wrong wiy ain't jimina

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The funniest thing about Aunt Jemima was this was an actual real-life person that actually was black and basically a somewhat well-known character during an era of segregation. She never thought it was racist and it made black actors and entertainers more acceptable in advertising and film (which led directly to Jazz, Blues, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, the Jackson Five etc).

She was one of the first black people some children in segregated schools had ever seen when the company took her to white schools to advertise their pancake mix and syrups. This normalized black people for many whites.

She will probably have had much more of a positive impact on black people than George Floyd and pretty much every other bad actor of the last decade whose names are already forgotten (that guy that got shot after attacking a neighborhood watchman, that guy that got shot after charging at police and that guy that got shot after fighting with police).

Where are the TuPac's and the MLK's of today?

An article on the influence of Aunt Jemima on electing Obama (2014): https://madison.com/news/opinion/mailbag/john-morgan-a-story-about-aunt-jemima-s-influence/article_7b13ee21-92d0-5706-8159-563ee8195634.html

An article on the influence of Aunt Jemima on the Civil Rights: https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-betye-saar-transformed-aunt-jemima-symbol-black-power

Basically the same leftists now claiming it is racist, want you to forget about how black people forged their own paths, because then they, the white knights, can claim both responsibility and paternalize the black community.

• minimus
    minimus

George Floyd can not compare to Aunt Jemima

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Both have a knee to their throat until death.

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

Anony I could care less about the brand aunt Jemima.( There are more important things to worry about) However, I do have an issue.with you just making crap.up. Aunt Jemima was.not a real life person!!!! You keep making stuff up with no regard to facts. Where do you call me up with this crap.

Below is what the aunt Jemima brand is based on. Please do.some fact checking before you post drivel.

Aunt Jemima. The trademark dates to 1893, although Aunt Jemima pancake mix debuted in 1889. The Quaker Oats Company first registered the Aunt Jemima trademark in April 1937. Aunt Jemima originally came from a minstrel show as one of their pantheon of stereotypical Black characters. The character appears to have been a Reconstruction era addition to that cast.

• titch
    titch

Whatever the origin of the Aunt Jemima brand is or isn't---this past week I bought a bottle of Aunt Jemima syrup. When it's completely empty, I'll wash it and keep it as a kind of "memento", when the brand is discontinued. It could be worth thousands of dollars about 10 years from now. Who knows......Best Regards all.

Titch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit