Do You Think Trump Bares Any Responsibility For The Mass Shootings Occuring?

by minimus 236 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

It was a joke. Seriously!!

• Simon
    Simon

EmptyInside: you're trying to claim that a humorous, throw-away comment is really like the evil emperor saying "kill them, all of them!". It's just like the "fine people" hoax and we don't need that nonsense.

Fake news will be removed. Don't repost content that has been removed.

• Humphry
    Humphry

I do think America needs to rethink its gun laws. I'm not saying this is a solution but we come a long way since when these laws where were made hundreds of years ago. There has got to be a way to stop the frequency of these shootings.

Where does Trump stand on gun law revisions? After all this gun violence He should make some type of statements about our gun easy access to all kinds of people if you ask me.

I just looked up after writing above that Trump unsigned some of Obama's executive actions on gun control. But I wonder if these circumstances will make him change.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It has been said before: Guns do not kill people. People kill people.

I wonder how many people get killed by drink drivers. Does this mean we should ban cars? Or, perhaps we should blame the idiots that choose to drink and drive instead. As with guns, we need to start placing the blame on whoever did the crime. And if they make racist appearing comments to destabilize people's rights, they need even more blame for that in addition to the original shootings.

And the truth needs documentation. Is it any wonder that it is worse than the original shootings if someone videos the incident and posts the videos for all to see the truth? Even possessing such videos is 10 years in jail. This is to suppress the truth, so the official narrative holds and our rights can be taken away. Taking away the guns only serves to protect criminals (who do not obey laws anyways) and tyrants, not the general population.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

DT is having a speech tomorrow. Probably a stance on further restrictions. That said, the country will not address any if the issues; health, immigration, wages, ( jobs that are not burger flippers) ,crime, drugs, violence

The 200 years ago argument doesnt hold; look at the difference in news now compared to a broadsheet or the ability to communicate now vs. Then

Remember the 2nd was written to allow citizens to have state of art notary weapons, then a musket, now the equivalent to what the military has would be a m16, full auto. this is already not allowed.

There are thousands of crimes on the books now, with punishment not proportional nor swift

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,whatever,that wasn't my point. But,I don't think it should have been laughed at all,especially by the President.

I was also disturbed by the audience laughing and applauding at the comment of someone in the crowd saying shoot'em.

I was also disturbed by the young boy behind Trump in attendance taking it all in.

It really was my point,that he needs to discourage it forcefully,because,most of his base may laugh it off,yeah,shooting people is funny.

But,it just encourages the unhinged.

It's your site Simon. I usually stay away from the political topics. But,I don't see how it's fake news,when it was just a video of Trump at a rally. If it was a harmless joke then,there should be no problem.

I'll stick to the topics on the religion from now on.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Of course we can't blame Trump, he didn't recommend anyone shoot Mexicans. He said they were drug dealers and rapists, but that's not telling people to kill them. The question is, why does his rhetoric appeal to people who shoot Mexicans and inspire personal expressions like the spelling of his name with weapons? The shooter in El Paso liked this one and retweeted it. Do you think he wasn't influenced by Trump's race baiting? Trump has set the tone and the white supremacists are marching to it.

• LV101
    LV101

Prove he's wrong re/those who are drug dealers, rapists, murderers -- ahh, that's right -- doesn't matter as long as it's just a legal American slaughtered and you're a Democrat -- whatever it takes/fits the agenda/objective.

That picture is disgusting! Let's let the professional psychiatrists diagnose (better analysis) what was in the supremacists' skulls not the Trump haters.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

You don't have to hate Trump to have common sense, but it helps.

• LV101
    LV101

I thought Obama and Holden were the gun lovers -- I guess just wanted to help Mexico out. What a strategic plan that was - hilarious but they gifted some serious toys but when it comes to the tax payer it was a mere pittance like the billions to Iran, eh! Now those serious toys would be worth your posting a picture.

You don't have to hate Clintons/Obamas and the rest of the Dem swamp to have common sense, but it helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit