Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks Diogenesister for calling out vienne’s behaviour, it wasn’t necessary but appreciated anyway. :-)

To relate it back to the topic of the thread, vienne had claimed that removal of AMIII’s videos followed a pattern because Raymond Franz’s articles in the Aid book were omitted when it was reissued as the Insight books, and that some books were quietly dropped as quick as possible. The problem with the comparison is that it’s entirely false. Raymond Franz’s articles were in fact included in the Insight books, as four different posters pointed out, and another poster pointed out that it was the Commentary on James that was disused, which was written by Ed Dunlap, not Raymond Franz.

Another obvious difference is that removing AMIII’s videos is going to be noticed by ordinary JWs because he was such a prominent fixture on JW broadcasting. Even if Raymond Franz’s articles had not been included in the Insight books (which they were) ordinary JWs probably would never have noticed. We only know some of the articles that Raymond Franz wrote because he made it public himself. Ordinary JWs are generally unaware of who has written what in the literature, so the comparison doesn’t fit on a theoretical level either, as well as being wrong.

Having pointed out to vienne that Raymond Franz’s articles were not “omitted”, she then claimed they were “rewritten”, and “totally new articles”, under the same title only. I pointed out that the “overseer” articles are similar and even use much of the same wording. She then pointed to the “older man” article instead. But that’s weird because, if anything, the “older man” articles in the Aid book and the Insight volume are even closer in content than the “overseer” articles. Anyone can see for themselves in those articles too, much of the wording is exactly the same:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200013239

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003316

The three articles that vienne mentioned demonstrate the opposite of what she originally said: much of the material that Raymond Franz wrote for the Aid book was retained in the Insight books. That’s interesting because Raymond Franz explained the rationale behind his strategy in the “chronology” article as focussing on undermining the reliability of secular chronologies in order to create doubt and room for Watchtower chronology. That is a strategy that Watchtower still follows to this day, which tells us that Watchtower will still use the rationale, reasoning and actual words of defectors after they leave the religion, if they remain useful. Whether that will also hold true for some of AMIII’s videos I don’t know, because the situation is somewhat different as explained above.

vienne now invites me to produce other articles that Raymond Franz wrote. I don’t know why. It wasn’t me who claimed his articles were omitted, she did. Perhaps, having wasted such a long time trying to defend a mistaken comment, for unknown reasons, she wanted to send me on some sort of wild goose chase too.

Altogether, what a truly bizarre exchange.

btw, vienne mentioned, yet again, that her uncle Bruce would never post on a website such as this. They have made this comment a number of times on the forum. I don’t know why it needs to be said so often. Is there something wrong with this forum? As far as I know, nobody on the forum has ever claimed that her uncle Bruce is posting on this forum, or writing under someone else’s name. So why does she keep bringing it up? She is very eager for everyone to know that uncle Bruce is not posting on this forum. Okay, message received, loud and clear: Uncle Bruce is not posting on this forum! You don’t need to keep repeating yourself, “vienne”. ;-)

• Gorb
    Gorb

A new JWD scandal in the making 🤣🤣🤣

G.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    A new JWD scandal in the making

To that end, I propose that the ban on "cedars" be lifted and Lloyd Evans be invited to refute slimboyfat's, vienne's, or both of their posts here. That ought to calm things down.

• vienne
    vienne

"As far as I know, nobody on the forum has ever claimed that her uncle Bruce is posting on this forum, or writing under someone else’s name."

Mr. Fat has a very short memory, since it was he and one of his playmates that attacked my mother's academic credentials and those of Uncle B. And then suggested that I was Bruce's avatar on this message board. I have had no respect for him since his attack on my mother, my uncle and then on me. One can wish I was more polite, but I see no basis for it.

And he skips over the facts about the three articles to which R. Franz contributed. Franz tells us in Crisis of Conscience that he did not write the articles from scratch, but that he based them on someone else's work. What Franz contributed is gone, replaced with what was initially contributed and the work of a later watchtower writer. That parts of the original articles persist in Insight is not proof of Mr. Fat's position.

What's wrong with this board? As far as Uncle B is concerned, it's an apostate site. As far as I'm concerned, many of the posts are ill considered.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am with Slim with this one.
    I remember comparing the "Aid" book with the "Insight" volumes and there was very little that was changed. They added pictures to the "insight" volumes and dressed it up but for the most part it was copy and paste of the "Aid" book.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    You couldn’t get more knowledgeable on Watchtower history than AlanF for example, and James Woods who knew Ed Dunlap personally. Larc and Farkel and of course Leolaia and many more could be mentioned. These people not only knew about Watchtower history - some of them had front row seats. We don’t have so many detailed discussions about the history any more.

I miss the old posters, especially Leolaia.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Completely untrue. I was very sorry when your mum died and I said so. And I have complimented the work many times.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5069489600200704/my-mom?page=2

I am so sorry Annie you have lost your mum at such a young age. That was younger even than I imagined. I don’t know if Watchtower history interests you at all. But even if it doesn’t it’s good to know your mum’s work is appreciated and made an impact. In particular a recent book by historian Zoe Knox acknowledged the contribution to the subject. I know many who will be hopeful about the next volume being published.

And when you mentioned that you couldn’t reply on another thread about JW connections with Adventism, because your uncle was in hospital, I wished you and all your family the best.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5092955130953728/jehovahs-witnesses-breakaway?page=3

I’ve not “skipped over” any facts about Raymond Franz’s articles. The articles are still there in the Insight book, as others mentioned, and I have shown at almost ridiculous length. There are not “omitted”. Sorry, I have wasted enough time on this nonsense.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I am not sure they they would need to remove any of AM3's videos

Meanwhile.....

I have just put "Anthony Morris" in the search in jw org and all manner of videos of and about him are displayed. He has of course been deleted from the list of GB members.

George

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They can’t drop his videos just yet.

It’s too soon; the implications would be uncomfortable.

• vienne
    vienne

Fat,

You may not remember, but I DO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit