Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    You may not remember, but I DO.

Right but slim has proved his points via quotes....you haven't.
    You are just saying stuff. Slim, as always, tries to prove his posts with evidence.

You are simply not doing the same and losing credibility.

• vienne
    vienne

Slim,

You have my profoundest apologies. I confused you with another poster, Sea Breeze, who attacked me, my uncle and mother. Though you did contribute to the 'conversation' you did not attack any of us.

nots,

I quoted from F. Franz's own book. And from a Watch Tower publication.

• bsmart
    bsmart

To add to my confusion regarding this conversation, I remember a poster from the olden days. We did have a regular poster here on the forum

unclebruce

unclebruce

22 years ago Born: Adelaide May 1957 Dunked: Oct 1972 (Norwood 'Aussie rules' Oval). Pioneered in South Australia, Papua/New Guinea '72-'75 Ministerial Servant, father of two daughters. Walked away in Sept 1986

I remember this poster fondly he had a wonderful sense of humor.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    To add to my confusion regarding this conversation, I remember a poster from the olden days. We did have a regular poster here on the forum
    I remember this poster fondly he had a wonderful sense of humor

Me too! He was a prolific poster back ‘in the day’ with a magnificent quirky humour who I think of fondly.

He and I spent many a happy hour both here on the forum and in person when we met up.

A real legend.

Cheers to you, unc ! 🍷

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    They can’t drop his videos just yet.
    It’s too soon; the implications would be uncomfortable.

Yes I suspect that’s right, they will wait a while, or remove the videos gradually so it doesn’t look too abrupt. It possibly depends on what AMIII himself does next, or how much of the story leaks. It is encoded into their own system of discipline that the extent of public knowledge of a sin is almost as important as the sin itself when determining the consequences. So if they keep a lid on whatever happened they might be more easy about letting the videos hang around than if some sordid tale becomes public.

You have my profoundest apologies. I confused you with another poster, Sea Breeze, who attacked me, my uncle and mother. Though you did contribute to the 'conversation' you did not attack any of us.

Thank you, vienne. No worries. The ‘Separate Identity’ books are great and I support them. 👍

I have another message stacked from yesterday, attempting to defend myself, before this apology. It’s redundant now, whenever it appears.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Memory has got nothing to do with it. You are simply lying about what happened and saying I said stuff I never said. I have been highly complimentary about the historical work of Vienne/Schulz for years. I have been promoting it to numerous on this website and elsewhere for years. I’ve bought copies and recommended it to others who have bought copies. Seven years ago I described ‘A Separate Identity’:

This book is the most comprehensive history of the early Bible Students ever written. In an appendix it discusses the issue of Russell's claimed links with freemasons.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6551817362079744/c-t-russells-involvement-freemasons-re-evaluated

And many times since, including on the threads liked above, I have been singing its praises. Some thanks I get! Like a compete fool, I have long overlooked the fact that you can’t withstand even the mildest criticism or factual correction, as this thread has shown yet again in spades, and gone on to praise the books regardless.

edit: I sent this message before the apology above, can disregard.

• vienne
    vienne

as a reminder, i didn't write separate identity. uncle b and mom did. mom died abot 4 years ago, only in her 40s.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Did he take the emblems last week?

• Riley
    Riley

I mentioned this to my wife about Tony getting kicked out and she accused me of spreading " Fake News ".

She really didn't know he was removed.

I wonder how many JWs are in this boat ?

Just scary.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I was in that boat. Let me put it this way: I first got on the internet in 1990 or 1991. I've always been a computer geek/hobbyist. I got broadband as soon as it was available... in the projects. I was surfing the web very early on.

I finally decided I was not a JW in 2012. In 2013, I first began to read anti-JW and exJW material online. You might think it was difficult to avoid that stuff over the previous twenty years, but I do not recall having any trouble. The stuff I learned over the next couple of years was staggering. And to be honest, it took a long time after that for me to think "and it was within reach the whole time." It really didn't occur to me to seek it out until I was well and truly mentally free.

That's the grip it can have on you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit