Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Riley "I mentioned this to my wife about Tony getting kicked out and she accused me of spreading " Fake News ".

She really didn't know he was removed.

I wonder how many JWs are in this boat ?

Just scary." Many jws don't even know what news is posted on jw.org and rely in the gossip mill to learn things, evidently she is out of the loop

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

With all the encouragement from the GB this month, I would be surprised if Tony wasn't pioneering in March and April. Or would that be too much to ask?

It would be interesting to know if he has turned in his field service report for February and March somewhere. It would certainly be odd if he went from GB member to 'irregular' (remember how this organizations loves to classify people) in a just a month. Another four or five months of no field service reports and he gets the 'inactive' badge.

Even if he is ill as some have speculated, I think you now only need to report a half hour from your deathbed to remain an 'active' publisher.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

You have to be exceptional standing to qualify for pioneering and the service comity have to approve you

There is no way someone can be removed from GB and remaining exceptional standing

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don’t know if it’s codified as such but I definitely think there is an assumption that “discipline” means being moved one rung down the ladder the higher up your position in the organisation. So an elder might get removed as an elder, whereas an ordinary publishers would have been disfellowshipped for the same offence, and a circuit overseer might be demoted to an elder rather than being stripped of being an elder altogether. If so, what that means for AMIII I’m not sure. Being stripped as an elder is a much bigger deal than not being allowed to pioneer. Who really cares about that? Only sisters who have it as the only badge of honour. I don’t know if GB members do typical elder duties in local congregations. Do they have the time to attend the meetings of a local body? If not, AMIII might now have the time, if he’s still in a position to attend. Would he want to? Who knows. Basically, we don’t know anything! Ha! Will we ever find out? Amazing how they’ve kept a lid on whatever happened.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Got a call this AM from an ex-JW with JW family in North Carolina who are acquaintances of Tony Morris's family.

Watchtower set Tony and his wife up in a condo on the outskirts of Fayetteville, North Carolina (location of Fort Bragg).

Tony's story is: "Left Bethel due to age and health issues with himself and his wife, and to be closer to his family".

Smart move on Watchtower's part to be the landlord. Few people bite the hand that feeds them. A lesson learned from harassing Ray Franz.

• Chevelle
    Chevelle
    Isn't he from Michigan?
  • Hellothere
    Hellothere

Closer to family? Thought his closest family was in bethel. Best medical care and pampering would be in bethel, we're GB treated like royalty. Not being taken care at home but elderly wife. And why put burden on family taking care of you, if it's guaranteed bethel gonna take care of you, especially being sick GB member. Why abandon Bethel at old age if you don't have too. Don't believe he left cause age and health. We probably never know what happened. But with removing talks he made, feels like watchtower sending message he was involved in wrong doings.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Age and health definitely seems unlikely, given that all the other elderly GB members have stayed to the end despite their age or infirmity. As has been pointed out, Herd and Losch themselves are still there despite also becoming more frail and possibly borderline senile now. The GB usually get the best care from Bethel.

More likely, he either had a major difference over doctrine or procedure with the rest of the GB, or he was caught out in some indiscretion (possibly linked to drunkenness, as has been speculated). We may not find out for a long time, depending on how well the "friends" close ranks to protect him, but it will probably leak out eventually.

Smart move on Watchtower's part to be the landlord. Few people bite the hand that feeds them.

Also keeps him in their sphere of influence. He knows too much about 'where the bodies are buried' to be allowed to completely leave the circle of the GB. That also suggests that whatever he said or did, he's obviously not turned apostate, as some had wondered/hoped. What will be interesting is if he becomes resentful or careless over time, and lets slip some clues as to what happened.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yes I certainly don’t believe his reasons were for age and health. There seems to be this ongoing consensus about the North Carolina / New York areas for his location. Amongst various posters on the internet.

For his safety I think it would be wise for his location to not be revealed. He’s certainly upset a lot of people, with the decisions he’s made. That would certainly have a score to settle. If I was him, security would certainly be high on my list of priorities.

He’s just too big of a fish to just sweep under the carpet. I think, some type of remuneration, was both the proper and wise thing to do. A rent free condo, a small allowance, and free health care, would be a fraction of the cost if he wrote a tell a book. If he’s happy then he’s quiet. I’m sure Wt is playing its cards carefully in how they handle him.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Journeyman

Journeyman9 hours ago

Age and health definitely seems unlikely, given that all the other elderly GB members have stayed to the end despite their age or infirmity. As has been pointed out, Herd and Losch themselves are still there despite also becoming more frail and possibly borderline senile now. The GB usually get the best care from Bethel.

-

Yes as time goes on Herd and Losch getting older will cast doubt on the story that ToMo left for age and health reasons.

I remember an elderly anointed brother in London Bethel who fell down the stair to the dining room and went to hospital because his hip was out of place.

Anyone in London Bethel over the last several years will know who I’m talking about.

He was on very strong pain meds and said the most outrageous things. Elders put it down to this ‘wild talk’ blamed it all on the meds.

Problem is he is now still in the infirmary STILL saying the same outrageous things.

A few weeks ago the memorial was the usual thing where his carers trying to tell him what’s going on and helping him to take the emblems but he doesn’t even know what day of the week it is.

Someone in Bethel I know told me one memorial this poor old brother who’s first name is Kieth was in bed due to his old age and some brother were assigned to help him take the emblems but he was pushing them away, he did know know what was going on around him.

My point is this often happens as people get into their later years. What will happen to Herd and Locsh if they don’t die but carry on living in the infirmary with dementia?

People will wonder why was the story going round the ToMo was removed for age and health when Herd and Losch are even older more and more infirm?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit