Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Not Jacob
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the announcement from when it was visible on jw.org?

• Bartolomeo
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Holy crap, did they actually take this announcement down again? I just visited, and now it's gone!

• Not Jacob
    Not Jacob

Because that's not sus at all...

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

How could they possibly ever decide the best way to do this, they can’t exactly hope people wouldn’t notice that fat Tony hasn’t been on the broadcasts for a while.

they had to announce it but in a way that wouldn’t make a big deal at all

rank and file are conditioned to think what they have been told to think so if they are told not make a big deal out of something that is obviously a big deal

then that’s what they will do

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I don't remember if I have put this thought on this forum or not...but I think he would still be on the GB if not a DF offense, but rather than really shaking things up, they first take him out of the public eye and then DF him as a "brother", because what would it look like to the R & F if they kicked out a man chosen by Jesus as Faithful Slave? And I am still inclined to think another head will roll! After all, they did "Jesus did appoint " 2 new slaves.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The Pope resigned, why not a GB.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    How could they possibly ever decide the best way to do this, they can’t exactly hope people wouldn’t notice that fat Tony hasn’t been on the broadcasts for a while.

That’s just it - he WAS on the broadcasts, very recently.

He gave the “governing body update” in late December, recorded just a few days prior to air time.

His annual meeting talk was included in the January JW broadcast.

A month later and whammo! No longer serving.

This was a bolt out of the blue. This was no gradual decline in health, no “I think I need to spend more time with family” situation. They’d never have recorded and broadcast him in December and January if they knew there was even a hint he might not stick around.

This was something really big, really sudden, and REALLY bad.

But your question is a good one - how could they possibly think this was the best, or even a good, way to handle it?

• Not Jacob
    Not Jacob

That's a sound analysis BUT for the fact that he is still as far as we can tell a "Brother". If so how bad can it be?

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

If they disfellowshipped a GB member it would make the whole thing look the nonsense it is

they have to remove him still a bother for a little while then disfellowship him now he now longer is GB or annointed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit