Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• vienne
    vienne
    If there is rudeness in our exchange, it is not one sided.
  • eyeslice
    eyeslice

Getting back on subject.

I am not sure they they would need to remove any of AM3's videos. Presumably, everything was vetted and edited at the time. Even if he has gone bad now, what he did at the time was as a respected GB member. The witnesses don't disregard Solomon even though he went bad in the end.

Personally, I wouldn't agree with anything he said but at the time it would have been considered divine light.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Good point eyeslice, king the things king Solomon said before he went bad is still looked on to learn from.

the question is all the things Tony said for last few decades as an anointed GB member - is that still from Jehovah as we were supposed to view it before this announcement a few weeks ago?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"is that still from Jehovah as we were supposed to view it"

I have to say that in all my nearly six decades of being a JW, from birth, I NEVER viewed what came from the Org/GB as "from jehovah" in any way more than it was their understanding of Scripture.

Maybe it was that sort of attitude that led an Elder, after I left to say to me, "I never viewed you as 100% a J.W" .

Back on Topic, more or less, "Where's Tony ?" has become the XJW's Where's Wally hasn't it ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    fuzzy -Elder, after I left to say to me, "I never viewed you as 100% a J.W" .

That's always their excuse.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" That's always their excuse." Yup, he thought he was both insulting me, and he was thinking the old Logical Fallacy of " No true Scotsman..." had some value.

I just smiled inwardly, as I knew the fallacy well, and I took the thing about me not being fully mind controlled as a compliment ! not what he intended, ha ha.

But I am still intrigued about the Tony Morris thing, we shall find out eventually, us Apostates always do, and usually a few years before the J.W rank and file do !

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

"Elder, after I left to say to me, "I never viewed you as 100% a J.W"

It's very common in JW land to try to find ways of feeling superior or more "spiritual" then others. GB does it all the time. Part of JW culture you can say.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Presumably, everything was vetted and edited at the time. Even if he has gone bad now, what he did at the time was as a respected GB member. The witnesses don't disregard Solomon even though he went bad in the end.

They also have the excuse that no one individual is the governing body, only when they meet together (at 10:00 am EST USA on a Wednesday morning)are they actually the GB, or the Faithfull slave.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Wonder if uncle Tony ate the cookie and drank the juice last night.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Back on Topic, more or less, "Where's Tony ?" has become the XJW's Where's Wally hasn't it ?

A right wally, eh? 😋

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit