Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There was a video shown in the midweek meeting this week and it looks like it was from around the time of the 2014 convention. It showed Anthony Morris and his wife in the door to door work.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I could be wrong but there are only a few reasons that WTC might have for keeping the secret this long - and GOD knows they have never been good at keeping secrets. I have heard some rumblings, but they are still unconfirmed so I won't share - not until they are substantiated.

Honestly, the average JW does not seem to care. They don't talk about it, as if it will just go away and they won't have to face the letdown of what he might have done. I think they want it to remain a secret, just so they can imagine that the GB are flawless, spiritual towers who can be relied upon. Let me say that having known a few - they are not. I could be really angry at them if I didn't feel so very sorry for them.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

What rumbling have you heard?

when a member of the congregation gets announced they are no longer a JW it doesn’t take long before everyone hears rumblings.

this is a very unusual situation that a GB member just had a quick announcement then it was taken down after a few days, then his videos start getting removed

are JWs supposed to just look the other way nothing to see here move along, like the famous Baghdad Bob?

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Honestly, the way my jw parents react when I ask about tony the turd you'd think they were brainwashed!

"We don't need to know what's happened to him.."
    "We are loyal to jehovah, we don't speculate."
    "Have you been talking to apostates?"

Yes, pretty normal reactions to an honest question about what has happened to a member of their lauded governing body..🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    There was a video shown in the midweek meeting this week and it looks like it was from around the time of the 2014 convention. It showed Anthony Morris and his wife in the door to door work.

The midweek meeting video this week showed did clearly show him in field service (probably a staged scene, since it was shot from inside the home from the perspective of the householder). Regardless, the fact that the WT decided to leave it in and not edit it out seems to be a message that he and his wife are out in a congregation somewhere and in good standing. At least that seems to me to be the message they are trying to convey. Whether it is true or not is another matter.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Vanderhoven - Why are they scrubbing Anthony's videos on JW.org?

Simplest explanation is usually the likeliest one…

…at this point, they’re embarrassing.

Top-Shelf has probably gone off script one too many times.

Letto the Clown, too, I bet…

…anyone remember “…that little baby is an enemy of God…”?

WTF?

10 bucks says he’s next.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Looks like they are sending mixed signals. If they left in a clip of him in field service, then it wouldn't seem as if he has been DF'ed or anything like that. But it doesn't explain why they would remove any of his videos. Even if he is not in the GB now, it would not invalidate what he was saying in the videos, would it?

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Letto the Clown

🤣🤣🤣👍

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

It appears that they left in his "vanilla" videos and just deleted the ones with split-open hotdogs, tight pants, kitchen matches and hate speech.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Regardless, the fact that the WT decided to leave it in and not edit it out seems to be a message"

Or when this was scheduled, he was still in and no one bothered to view the video to make sure of what is in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit