Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    People will wonder why was the story going round the ToMo was removed for age and health when Herd and Losch are even older more and more infirm?

Fancy that, I agree with you ! šŸ˜˜

Cheers, Ozzie šŸ·

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    Balaamsass217 hours ago

Got a call this AM from an ex-JW with JW family in North Carolina who are acquaintances of Tony Morris's family.

Watchtower set Tony and his wife up in a condo on the outskirts of Fayetteville, North Carolina (location of Fort Bragg).

Tony's story is: "Left Bethel due to age and health issues with himself and his wife, and to be closer to his family".

Smart move on Watchtower's part to be the landlord. Few people bite the hand that feeds them. A lesson learned from harassing Ray Franz

-

Could you ask them did he participate in the emblems this year?

Is he even going to meetings and if so is he still an elder?

• fulano
    fulano

They have learned a lot since the Raymond Franz case. One is to never disfellowship a brother or sister in ā€œa positionā€. I have written my experience of a judicial committee were we had to handle the case of a fellow missionary who had done something outrageous. Every one of us three were told beforehand NOT TO DF her. Because of the good name JW had in that city.

So Tony could have been drunk, have committed whatever but we will probably never know. What mentioned before, no old or ill person in that positition would have been forced to leave Bethel.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Like Iā€™ve mentioned before. Where ever he is. Both Watchtowers and his greatest concern has to be his safety. The worst PR situation that could unfold if he was to be seriously assaulted. The questions that would raise both internally as well as externally, could be worse than the secrecy of why he left.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The idea of 'to never disfellowship a brother or sister in ā€œa positionā€ ' reminds me of the USA Constitution saying that a sitting US President must not be convicted of major crimes while the person is still President, and that instead if necessary the process of impeachment in the House and the conviction on the impeachment charges in Senate must used to first remove the President from office, before the president is tried in real court.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Ex Bethelitepima Sorry, but they are not close friends of Tony, and not my friends. Distant out-of-state family of my "inactive" JW friend.

I would bet Tony and they are milking their "sick" story and keeping a very low profile with online meetings...pretend or real. Tony strikes me as a proud pompous person who would be quite humiliated right now. Probably in his easy chair today nursing his scotch and possibly teasing a grandchild.

I noticed new material on the "Official" JW site yesterday pertaining to avoiding over drinking......

( Over the years I have seen a number of ex-Bethelites and ex-Gilead washouts re-create themselves after being asked to leave as: "being re-assigned" for special duty. lol. :) )

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    I noticed new material on the "Official" JW site yesterday pertaining to avoiding over drinking......

Yes, unless evidence emerges to the contrary, I do suspect drinking was the cause of, or at least contributed to, the situation. AMIII had been so obviously under the influence in a number of his talks. That and the infamous Bottlegate story of him buying large quantities of booze on a Sunday during the meeting time, though none of them conclusive of major 'sin', all added up to a suspicious pattern. Anyone who has struggled with alcohol themself or has known loved ones who has, could see signs that were pointing that way.

No doubt he'd received 'counsel' from the rest of the GB, if only to save them face, but he presumably didn't listen, and it's either that stubbornness or a specific situation where the alcohol caused embarrassment (others on this thread with possible knowledge have suggested what that might be) that tipped the scales and the rest of the GB decided to act.

I would bet Tony and they are milking their "sick" story and keeping a very low profile with online meetings...pretend or real. Tony strikes me as a proud pompous person who would be quite humiliated right now.

Indeed, which makes me wonder if we've not heard the last of this. His resentment, or lowering of his guard over time, might mean more information leaks out later, although it might not happen for some time. It also depends on whether he can actually get control of his drinking, or if he takes refuge in it more.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Worse in the UK because the sovereign is the person in whose name crimes are prosecuted in the courts, so by definition the king canā€™t be convicted of a crime (according to some legal experts, you always get different opinions) because he would be prosecuting himself.

Itā€™s not theoretical either because itā€™s a crime in the UK to sell seats in the House of Lords and there are some who claim they have good evidence (signed letters) of Prince Charles offering ennoblement in return for cash donations. On the other hand the chances of him ever being held to account in any way are close to zero barring some sort of revolution, because the establishment looks after their own, especially the apex, because their own positions are secured in relation to the system as a whole.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

maybe this has been said, but I bet Tony got paid to keep his mouth shut

• Mit123
    Mit123

My Pimi contact in New York told me heā€™s still in bethel and attends one of the Poughkeepsie congregations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit