Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There was a suggestion earlier in the discussion that there was a back and forth, hint of disagreement between Morris and Lett in a recent broadcast (was it from the annual meeting?). I’d like to hear more about that, or a link to the videos. Can anyone point us there? In the absence of anything else, it might provide some clue about why Morris is no longer on the GB.

Personally I think the possibility of alcoholism and associated anti-social behaviour may be behind his removal. Because even on camera he shows some signs of lack of control in what he says and how he says it. He also shows some indications of trauma from his time in Vietnam that would be consistent with alcohol addiction or dependence. I can easily imagine that he would be a difficult person to deal with in meetings. If that was partly fuelled by alcohol then that would give the other GB members justification for warning and then removing him. I acknowledge this is speculation and I don’t claim otherwise, just that it’s a plausible explanation that fits with what we know about Morris.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I remember Morris once ridiculed other members of the GB for jetting off on holidays (and we know they always travel first class on donated funds) Morris then said something about “when there is so much work to do”

does anyone have that clip?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I remember when I was in Bethel in London one branch visit from a member of the GB and he was treated like a God. He gave a talk about the overlapping generations and everyone as so impressed 🤣

after being treated like a king in the branch he needed a ‘rest’ and him and his wife went to stay in a very fancy hotel. I only know this from overhearing some top brass talking.

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

The one of the overlapping generations is Splane, and in any case about Morris I would like to say one thing: stop whining about Vietnam!!! he went there as a nurse, do you understand this? nurse! as someone has already said there are people who for work see the dead every single day, pull bodies out of crashed cars and so on, they don't all become alcoholics

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Bandicoot,

😆

thanks, we needed a bit of light relief

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Slim:

But it still doesn’t explain why the statement disappeared.

was there a rogue bethelite at work?

or did the other GB members get it taken down when they learned of it?

Quite mysterious, even for the borg

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Ozzie, if you are implying a rouge Bethelite put the announcement up that Tony Morris is no long gov body then he also scrubbed his name from all the lists of gov body members?

a bit like the rouge artists in Bethel who sneaked in a lot of hidden imagery over the years and now the branch is trying to back and change it.

no it’s a definite thing Tony is no more Gov body. But his broadcasts and covid updates haven’t yet been taken down, you can still watch the one where he says “a church said these vaccines were the work of the devil” and then “ go get vaccinated “

Im amazed they haven’t scrubbed all those covid updates yet. These will not age well.

good hung the internet is a go back in time

machine. Once it’s been said online there is no way you can ever go back and scrub it. There were a few good apostate channels doing rebuttals to all the covid updates and they have the originals on their channels in case the branch tries to scribble out the stupid things they said about vaccines and being fully vaxed.

they are guilty of spreading dangerous misinformation and recommending dangerous medical treatments that are increasingly becoming harmful yet they are still insisting on being fully vaxed up

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I highly doubt they have removed him over health issues. He would have ro ask to no longer serve if that was the case, which may be why there was no announcement.

Fred Franz was blind, lost his mind and confined to the infirmary for atleast a year and was not removed until he died.

Swinger also lost his mind atleast 3 years before his death and wasn't removed. Schroeder was bed-ridden and stopped regularly attending all functions as well.

So unless he has an actual vice of some sort or a pride issue that caused his removal, this doesn't make sense.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Swinger lol! You mean Swingle 😉

I think they do remove announcement after a period. For example, I don’t think the announcement about the new GB members, Fleegle and Winder is still up, is it? In this case it’s just a bit odd they removed it so quickly. Who knows what’s going on!

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Slim I’m sure there are a lot of people who know what’s going on. It’s only a matter of time before someone hears something and they tell someone who tells someone.

But it really is surprising it’s taking this long.

Anybody in his congregation must know if there has been any announcements and what will happen at the memorial? Will he partake even if the other members of the GB think he is not anointed?

will his son still participate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit