Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

On JT & pals livestream a Bethelite had said that they had been asked to pray for Ant Mo & family (in ?morning worship).

If so it may be he's had some kind of break down (possibly drink related but more likely drink being a symptom of stress). Going off script could be one aspect of their concerns about him but they're the GB & they have the right to do so. I mean who is going to pull them up about it?

I think there's a strong possibility Ant Mo took this decision himself? I know few of you will disagree, but there's a chance. He's the only father on the GB Is it possible all this CSA has finally gotten to him? Unlike other GB members, he's not commented on it, has he?

Is it possible he's had a bust up with the others over it and just found it too much? Particularly with this suicide. Maybe he's the one that believes Jehovah has removed his blessing on the org?!!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    it means nothing. The world still spins and JWs will carry on as usual.
    Everybody should just get on with life and stop obsessing over trivialities like this religion.

obviously it means something to you because you are on this board.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Llubrevlis2000: It’s been long enough by now

It's only been a couple of days. The rumor mill can grind pretty slowly, and the earliest reports can be wildly off the mark. I think we'll find out more over the coming weeks, as people come and go and speak with others and some theories get built up and torn down, and so on.

It may take some time, but a fairly reliable account should eventually emerge.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Anthony M III is no Ray Franz. AMIII has always come across to me as bigoted and narrow minded.

I agree with Eyeslice on this. Comparing TOMO to Ray Franz is like comparing apples to oranges. Ray was a scholar and a genuine human being. Anthony Morris is a self service asshole.

When it was announced that Morris would visit Italy, there was great excitement and the devoted were hoping to get some great comfort from this man of God. In stead all they got was a long tongue lashing, regarding tight pants and higher education . I heard from friends who were in the audience that most were put off and greatly disgusted by this hostile talk. I will say it again what an ASSHOLE

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If TOMO is on a redemption arc, I wish him well. I really do.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Comparing TOMO to Ray Franz is like comparing apples to oranges. Ray was a scholar and a genuine human being. Anthony Morris is a self service asshole.

AM3 was more "Old Testament" while Ray Franz was clearly a christian. "Old Testament" is much more about judgment and condemnation while the Christian message was much more towards forgiveness and love, which Franz obviously focused on in his books.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I think there's a strong possibility Ant Mo took this decision himself? I know few of you will disagree, but there's a chance. He's the only father on the GB Is it possible all this CSA has finally gotten to him? Unlike other GB members, he's not commented on it, has he?

Interesting... this could indeed be a possibility. He was very judgmental in his way of teaching and perhaps he hit a point where he could no longer rationalize some of the things he's seen and thus, started to judge his own group, religion, including himself. This has happened to many zealots in the past, why not AM3?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I don't like the man, I don't think he's a redeemable person in the eyes of the ex-JW community.

Actually, one of the main reason many of us have left is the lack of forgiveness in the JW cult. You commit a sin? We might disfellowship you and will keep record of it in a file that will follow you from one congregation to the next. This is the furthest from being christian.

If we claim someone "not redeemable", than we are no better then they are. That being said, it doesn't mean we'd need to become friends with the guy and assume he is magically a good person if he ever chose to leave the JW. All I'm saying is that we'd need to give the guy a chance at redemption. Who knows?

• Splash
    Splash
    If we claim someone "not redeemable", than we are no better then they are.

The Apostle Paul defined a rule to identify those who are not redeemable in Heb 10:26-31:
    "If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left..."

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

@wannaexit sei italiano/a?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit