Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum

Hellothere: "Tony Morris got into GB at s time when organisation was still total deluded from reality."

That is an interesting observation. It used to be, when I was at my peak of zeal as a JW, that the org seemed to really care about the preaching work, about deeper doctrinal analysis, etc. Then it changed. The leaders, it seems, began to realize the game was over, and they entered survival mode.

Now, the org is simply reactive and no longer proactive. It no longer cares about the preaching work in the sense that it cares about bringing people in for good reasons. Now, the purpose of the preaching work is just to keep the flock under control and to give JWs the appearance that the work is continuing as normal.

So, now, the org is just concerned about PR, survival, marketing, defending itself legally, etc. The old JWdom is gone. Morris is, as you indicated, is a product of the old JWdom.

From now on, I think the org will look for the more low-key types like Cook (or Cooke?) and Fleegle (or Flagle or whatever his name is).

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

To me how Tony Morris got into into the GB is prime example the attitude that's been for decades in this org. No real control. The kick the can down the road and someone else problem attitude. We gonna do nothing and just wait for Armageddon, cause it's soon here. Not wanting to imply changes. Everything will sort itself out or God is gonna step in and solve everything. That's how they must have thought about child abuse cases. It's only reactive. And reacts to things decades after they should. If this was regular cooperation, most GB members would have lost their jobs long ago.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

TM3 and Sister Serena, are in the same situation. Both to, or two, bigger fish to kill, and both a liability and PR nightmare for WT. Hence Soster Serena can still lead a somewhat secular life style while still officially been a Jw e.g tight pants beer commercial. This leaves Wt in a some what precarious situation. Do we allow sister Serena to carry on as she is, or do we do something about it and face a public backlash .

Same with Tony. Do we remove him, and face the consequences of what he could do. Or do pay him off with a settlement. Send him to the other side of the country and forget about him. I think the latter is the better option.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Now, the org is simply reactive and no longer proactive.

Hi Magnum,

I enjoy your posts. There is a bigger picture: Jehovah. I trust that everything you believed in was not the org. Hopefully, the org succeeds in helping people draw close to God in an empirical way. For some people it takes longer than others but at some point God should be real in a person’s life.

—-Getting back to the org and the people in it: It is God’s move. Don’t blame the org.

An entire generation has heard the preaching work and died. God has not ended it and he gives evidence to JW that he is still behind it. There is really nothing more to say. if God is not part of this equation then it is all a waste of time but God is part of it and Jw are convinced even if things don’t seem to add up. A witness saw what he saw. He might be mistaken about his conclusions but not mistaken about what he knows empirically is true. Now the inter-lapping and fading generation is waiting fir God to take action but they are not unconvinced.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I think that the problem is that there is a governing body at all.

In the overview of Acts 15 it says "Letter from the governing body in Jerusalem".

There was an issue with some teaching that one must be circumcised to be saved.

Paul and Barnabas disputed them.

Those two and others went to the apostles and elders in Jerusalem.

Vs 6 "So the apostles and the elders gathered together to look into this matter."

It does not list names other than Peter and James. There was no set board or body of brothers on this 'governing body'.

It doesn't sound like Paul was even on this group of apostles and older men.

In the account there is little focus on the Apostles and older men. Just the issue, and the discussion and the result. And the result was more freedom and not duty to the law.

And it sounds like a one time thing.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    if God is not part of this equation then it is all a waste of time" - Fisherman

Never truer words were spoken. The whole enterprise - is a colossal waste of time, a colossal waste of lives.

• Samcats
    Samcats

If there is no God, tell me something that isn't a colossal waste

• cofty
    cofty
    If there is no God, tell me something that isn't a colossal waste - SC

Do you think that nothing has value unless it its eternal?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    SBF Because Morris came from the service department when Jaracz was in charge, as did the majority GB members come through the service department, which has a reputation for being hardline. Yet the most recent GB appointments have not come from the service department. So perhaps there has been a revolt against the Jaracz endorsed hardliners who came up through the service department, exacerbated by the recent legal problems and by a growing awareness that Jaracz was a bad apple.

Well now this is relevent. I think there's only been a couple of GB who haven't come from the service department. I wasn't aware the two new-fangled new-feagled members didn't come from the service department. I think that says a lot.

• Samcats
    Samcats

Cofty, yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit