Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I grew a dislike for this character (Tony The Turd) years ago. I've often wondered over the years when 'hell to pay' for his antics would catch up to him.

This is going to cause many of the faithful to wonder...'how did this guy slip through the cracks and get to be GB'?

God The Almighty has zip...nothing to do with these guys appointments...like Elvis...Jehovah’s not in the building!🤣

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

At least, there was a time when Elvis was performing.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

@ MacHislopp

Hi Mac,

Good to see you’re still alive and kicking! Good to see ya.

Cheers,

Ozzie

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

On the one hand I didn’t like a lot of the things he said. But on the other hand I had a certain amount of respect for someone who had converted to JWs as an adult and made it onto the GB. That’s pretty rare. And respect for someone who had experienced Vietnam as a medic and who had a family, and so could relate to people with families, which again is rare on the GB. He was somewhat flawed and unpleasant (the blowing out the match incident) but also troubled and emotional, which made him a sympathetic character in some ways.

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

Slimboy I’m dying to hear more details as this is such a huge elephant in the room.

do you think it’s even possible they can just carry on nobody ever finds out the reasons he was removed?

If he carries on going to meetings then he will he asked lots of questions surely?

• Gorb
    Gorb

@slimboy I agree fully with you. The coin has 2 sides. AM3 must be a character, but has quality’s otherwise he did not reach the top of a fully controlled organization. And had a kind of a true personality.

So, let the man have a quiet and good time for the rest of his life, I should say.

G.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    llubrevlis2000: do you think it’s even possible they can just carry on nobody ever finds out the reasons he was removed?

They will try. How well it works depends on a lot of factors, primarily how Morris himself feels about it. Ray Franz wrote Crisis of Conscience at least in part because he felt that the WTS was dragging his name through the mud in order to cover themselves. So, they will try to keep it as quiet as possible. I don't think it will work, but it might be a long while before reliable info gets out.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Tony Morris got into GB at s time when organisation was still total deluded from reality. They didn't see times was changing and you hade to remove Control and loosen up rules. They took totally wrong decisions who should be a GB member. They didn't move forward with the times, instead keep the hardliners and old guard.Their ability too take wrong decisions was manifested again when they put GB in front of camera.

• Ding
    Ding

Hellothere,

The GB is still deluded from reality.

They think God has anointed them to rule over his kingdom with Jesus.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Assembling a few relevant facts, it might be possible to string together a narrative that the removal of AMIII is part of a move toward liberalisation on the part of the GB. Because Morris came from the service department when Jaracz was in charge, as did the majority GB members come through the service department, which has a reputation for being hardline. Yet the most recent GB appointments have not come from the service department. So perhaps there has been a revolt against the Jaracz endorsed hardliners who came up through the service department, exacerbated by the recent legal problems and by a growing awareness that Jaracz was a bad apple. Lösch was also handpicked by Jaracz and has been known to be a hardliner in the past, but he’s probably too old now to do much harm.

Having said all that, I think Morris probably gave the other GB members a good excuse for kicking him out. I know a lot of people drink at bethel and it’s not often people are removed for drunkenness, but if Morris was an aggressive drunk, and if he turned up at congregation and GB meetings visibly intoxicated, then I can see that might have been good enough reason for the other GB members to remove him, perhaps after a couple of warnings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit