Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Freemail - Just browsing your posting history. Every single post an insult. Interesting posts = 0

I thought this one was a beauty though...

Only a moron would refuse the vaccine

Why not try contributing something positive for a change?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hey, Magnum!

We might feel differently if we’d have gotten out while we were in our 30’s still plenty of time to “start over”. Finding TTATT in your 50’s or 60’s is a tough time to awaken.

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

Maybe it's a recognised form of words.

I recall that if an elder had to step aside for health reasons the same announcement was read out as for an elder being removed for a misdemeanor.

It simply was announced that "so-and-so is no longer serving as an elder".

It caused heartache at times because if the R&F didn't know it was health issues that made someone come off the body of elders the congregation was rife with rumours as to why the person had ceased to be an elder.

I reckon it's a standard form of words in relation to AM3 as well... But we will wait and see.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I agree with Magnum, Freemail. If this religion means nothing to you, why are you on this forum?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Governing body members don't "step down" for health reasons. They are spoon-fed by adoring jw nurses if need be.

That was a terse and sudden announcement. Tony was removed.

For drunkenness? For being a loose cannon? A fall guy for the crazy costly abuse policies? We may never know.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It's pretty standard protocol in most congregations with a decent Body of Elders that when a Ministerial Servant or Elder in good standing need to step down ...after the announcement is made, said individual is asked to close with prayer. That puts to rest any rumors instantly!

I remember being in a congregation with a ruthless good for nothing service committee (Cobe, Secretary & Service Overseer). Due to family related matters an Elder in good standing had to step down. The announcement was going to be made similar to the announcement regarding Anthony Morris...in a brief, cold & matter-of-fact manner. I stepped in just about ten minutes before the end of meeting & told these idiots that Brother So & So & his family deserved a courteous & decent send-off! They reluctantly agreed & allowed him to close with prayer...happy ending!🙂

Maybe the the announcement regarding Anthony Morris needed to be made the way it was cause he didn't deserve a good send-off...time will tell. In the mean time let's enjoy juicy-talk at 'Tony The Turd's' expense!🤣

• Freemail
    Freemail

Cofty. Why not try stalking.

Oh, you already are.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It's pretty standard protocol in most congregations with a decent Body of Elders that when a Ministerial Servant or Elder in good standing need to step down

People in the cong already know there is a problem and a prayer at the end doesn’t fool them. The prayer at the end is to soften the blow on the deleted and his family but he is nonetheless viewed with less respect. —-Or as the Bible puts it, hated or disrespected. Now he has to try to measure up again while going to meetings, give parts, run up and down with mikes, etc same as he did before but now without authority or the title of elder. Never saw anybody deleted for health reasons but only as a pretext for concurrent qualifications issue.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Freemail5 hours ago
    Magnum.
    What a load of self pittying waffle. You’re only hurting yourself.
    Crack on.

Whoa there boy !

Magnum has been here many years and is worthy of some esteem.

You both deserve our respect at least in your opinions.

Now let’s be nice and enjoy a shiraz together.

Cheers, Ozzie 🍷

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know of people who do NOT reach out for privileges of service to never have their name read out that so and so is no longer serving in 'said' capacity whether it is a regular pioneer, elder or MS.

or

People who just stay on 'said' privileges to prevent their name from being read off that so and so is 'no longer serving'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit