Feeling rejected

by Esmeralda001 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• One_day
    One_day

Hi Esmeralda, I was a baptised Witness for 38 years before being disfellowshipped for taking a stand against a certain elder.

What you describe is quite typical in many congregations. We call them the "Royal families" of the Watchtower. Often they are second, third or fourth generations in the 'truth'. In reality they are horrible people and will make your life hell once you are baptised. Also, you will find they are self righteous and are often driven by jealousy.

Just be entirely certain before you commit to baptism

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome, Esmeralda.

Some good comments on this thread have already been made.

Do more research before you commit to the watchtower corporation.

I guess you are here because you know something is wrong with the corporation.

My advice.....don't do it! Run like the wind away from this corporation!

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi Esmeralda001,

Two things:

1. You can't be friends with everyone and some people will hate you just because they can. In this "elderette's" case I suspect its a case of envy.

2. Carefully consider your involvement with the Jehovah's Witness religion. The shunning you are experiencing from this particular sister and her family will be multiplied one hundred fold if you ever decide to leave.

Good luck with your medical degree and I sincerely hope that you don't join the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Just to add a bit to my previous post...

As a person with interest in medicine & life-saving techniques, have you given a thought to the fact that JW's go beyond the Bible by requiring ALL their members to reject blood transfusions, EVEN if it means that they would die as a result?

This is scriptually wrong & it is very obvious. It goes against the Biblical principles of love + mercy & defies all common sense & logic! Countless thousands of innocent people have lost their lives due to the "No Blood" JW policy! There are many well-written arguements against this barbaric, inhumane, nonsensical, & unloving man-made JW policy. Here is a well-written article about it: http://thejehovahswitnesses.org/abstain-from-blood.php

Please read it with an open mind & allow your conscience to guide you in determining right & wrong. Also, please visit http://www.ajwrb.org. Thank you!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Hi, I'd stop the study as soon as you can, and try and forget becoming an unbaptized publisher, this group will bring non stop problems and issues in your life if you continue your association with them, they are incredibly dishonest, blatant liars in fact, hide more issues to regards to child abuse, well over 100 years of failed prophecies and doctrines, their hypocrisy is breathtaking, look to another interest, take up a hobby, your physical and mental health are really at risk the longer to associate with them.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome to JWN Esmeralda,

You know there is something wrong. You are right. Changing congregation won't fix the problem. Go with your instincts. Keep us informed of your progress.

Kate xx

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So sorry that you are getting treated poorly. One of the main reasons our entire immediate family left this crazy cult. The lack of love is just incredible.

If you are attractive, have a good personality and are seeking to get a higher education, they will come after you with a vengence or ignore you completely. You see...they think they are better than you. This will not get better. I will be very blunt here, run like hell. I wanted to leave this cult at 14 years old and wish that I had never been born into it. There are good people within in but the majority would love to see you fail and fail miserably. I had one sister (well several) treat me the same way. Best advise...RUN!

If these are the people I will have to live with in paradise, I will enjoy my life now and take my chances. Nothing is worth getting treated like dirt.

Keep on seeking that education, take good care of yourself live a happy and successful life. That's the best revenge!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What an odd post. You claim difficulties with language "influent, 18teen" then make grammer 'mistakes'only an extremely fluent people make, knowing they do so eg "good of a person". Oh well, I guess you have your reasons. Also does any newb JW attempt to dress "sensually?" too?

Ps it's 5 yrs to become an MD

• WasOnceBlind
  • chicken little
    chicken little

Imagine living forever and ever with these people....does that put you off? Well it certainly did put me off, so I eventually walked away and all the gossip, backbiting and envy is now a thing of the past. I surround myself with people who want me to succeed, love my appearance and enjoy giving compliments, just as I reciprocate in like.

Life is short, enjoy it and live it to the full. Wasting your time on a 19th century revivalist religion is only going to pull you down into depression in the long run. How wonderful you will become a doctor and be of great assistance to your fellow citizens, how I wish it had been me, but that opportunity was not allowed in the close minded JW world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit