London Protest 2018

by josephus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Morpheus, you are not helping the cause for what is in reality seeking reality and truth, no matter the means. I haven’t been here properly for years really and I may be wrong, but Morpheus aren’t you still attending as a JW? Aren’t you an elder? As I say I may be wrong..... but if either is the case you have no place saying what you have said. What efforts have you made to bring truth to JW’s...... or do you just quietly watch the years disappear for these poor people? OUR families and loved ones are in the JW cult number, living a nightmare, awaiting a fantasy.

i have utmost respect for what these guys have done this weekend. Very brave and I have no doubt it will have an affect. It got me thinking every time I saw a protestor at the convention.

well done guys x 👍

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I thought putting up signs in the windows of cars in the car park was brilliant.

• Exelder
    Exelder

Just fine....

You said: "It just irritates me when people think they have the right to decide for someone else how to best be an ex-JW."

Was that referring to me?

If so, then you have cherry picked my posts because that is not what I was saying (please re-read if in doubt)..

If not and it was a general comment then no offence taken.

• LV101
    LV101

It's so darn funny, just fine. People need to learn to laugh - especially at themselves and realize ex-JWs/posters finally have the opportunity to stand up to others. Some of us just aren't as perfect at it as others -- (NOT!). You know, "those people!" We can only try.

• just fine
    just fine

I think about the protests in terms of the people doing the protesting.(This was respectful, not screaming. I can’t support the scary protests.)

The people protesting have found their voice, and are getting stronger. They are people learning to stand up for themselves the best way they know how right now. As they get distance and perspective maybe they will try something different.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Morpheus, you are not helping the cause for what is in reality seeking reality and truth, no matter the means.

What does that mean, exactly? Thats a bunch of nonsense words strung together in a way that you seem to think sounds intelligent. In reality (whatever that means), its clearly either an incomplete thought or just nonsense that makes sense to only you.

I haven’t been here properly for years

Ahh the set up...

really and I may be wrong,

And now the acknowledgement that you are talking from whence you not know...

but Morpheus aren’t you still attending as a JW? Aren’t you an elder?

Nope and nope.

As I say I may be wrong.....

As you implied you knew you were wrong.

but if either is the case you have no place saying what you have said.

False. As someone else already mentioned, you dont get to decide whats right for others :) i can, and will, speak my mind.

What efforts have you made to bring truth to JW’s...... or do you just quietly watch the years disappear for these poor people?

Are you really asking or are you assuming? Seems like assuming. If your asking, i have an answer. I have helped more than a few leave the cult. I dont feel a need to make topics about it although i have mentioned it in the context of “how” i did it so as to help others if they were interested.

OUR families and loved ones are in the JW cult number, living a nightmare, awaiting a fantasy.

One of mine still is as well. We all were at one point. Whats your point?

i have utmost respect for what these guys have done this weekend.

You have expressed such. *slow clap*

Very brave

False. It takes zero courage to hold signs in front of pacifists. There is no jeopardy of any sort and thus no bravery required

and I have no doubt it will have an affect.

And i have no doubt it will help no one and may perhaps hurt. Now that we have both expressed diametrically opposed views.... so what?

It got me thinking every time I saw a protestor at the convention.

What did it get you thinking, exactly? We have discussed this many times on the board and not one person ever claims to have have been awakened, ever, by protestors. Are you now saying you were awakened by protestors? Id love to hear that story.

well done guys x 👍

*slow clap*

• LV101
    LV101

I concur -- from what I gather this protest was done in a respectable, hopefully, effective, manner. Scary when they charge into halls protesting. I know they're trying but should consider the negative physical effects on the elderly inside. I, for one, would run out the door of a hall and never return - (because of safety) and that would be so hard to deal with. It's scary enough for exJWs worrying about their families inside with all the angry, unstable, ex-witnesses, running around. Watchtower has damaged so many individuals who aren't capable or have financial means to receive mental/physical help -- not good!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I was never a Jehovah's Witness, but I want to chime in.

There's no need for this infighting, it accomplishes nothing and only breaks down the solidarity ex-Witnesses enjoy here, endangering the community this site offers exiting and doubting Witnesses.

On the one hand, I find it hard to believe that this protest will backfire by strengthening the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses. It will most likely have a negligible effect on most, who don't need a protest to feel persecuted: the convention program features several videos which highlight such 'persecution in Russia and Malawi, for instance.

On the other hand, I understand posters' concerns that the protesters themselves may still be allowing their old faith to influence them and that these efforts keep them from healing. This is something the protesters certainly should consider, but a single protest, in and of itself, proves nothing. Everyone is different.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I have had active JWs listen to my podcasts. You never know who will listen, who might have a seed planted by activism, etc. All of this discouraging of people with the balls to do something publicly is pathetic. Sack up or shut up. It takes all kinds. People aren't all carbon copies of one another, not even in the cult. Some need a message that's in their face, others are scared off by it. Just the same, exjws need to express themselves in different ways.

We aren't in a cult anymore. I know some of you are so narcissistic that you feel the acts of every exjw reflects on you personally as one, but that's not true. Go show that you're different. Write a book (didn't you Morpheus, or am I thinking of someone else), sing a damn song, sit on your hands and do nothing, whatever you want. Let others do the same. I get expressing an opinion if you think it's not the greatest but why keep going at someone?

I applaud anyone with the balls to rise up and put themselves out there. I also respect those that can't or don't want to. We all have our own journey to go on, and we all have opportunity to voice ourselves in the ways that we can. If we can't, that's fine too. The way some act like they're the governing body of exjws in trying to tell everyone how to feel about the cult or how to react to them is the same as the bullshit we all lived in. As someone on here said once, your JW is showing. Celebrate diversity and freedom and let others be themselves. It's hard enough to fight the cult without your ex cult members pissing on your efforts.

I've been there. I've felt the same as others, trying to discourage things like crashes thinking that I knew better than people actually doing something. It's easy to be a keyboard warrior. It's harder to get your ass up and go make some difference. You never know who will listen and be helped. You do know, however, that by doing nothing you won't help anyone. Even if something you do helps inoculate the general public against the cult, that's no small thing.

I went to an Apostafest over a week ago. It was great. Imagine that same group going and hanging out while doing something active against Watchtower. My guess is that's what a protest is. Lots of community between those taking a stand together. Why discourage that? Are you still consumed with what JWs think only in a potentially negative way?

Good on you protesters. Do you.

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

I'm not a jw, but I have been married to a mostly POMI for decades. I've studied with jws and attended meetings off and on for decades as well. The first time I saw jwfacts.com was on a sign a protester had at a convention. I looked it up a few days later. Maybe I would have stumbled upon it online anyway, who knows? The point is, I saw it on a protesters sign and after looking at that site and reading posts on this site, I knew I would never join them. Had I not gone to jwfacts.com, due to loads of pressure from family, I probably would have eventually been baptized. So I can honestly say that a protester started me on the path of being saved from that! A big thank you to whoever that protester was!!

Protests tend to bring in the media attention also and maybe jws won't believe negative press, but non jws likely will and hopefully that will prevent some future converts.

If even one baptism is prevented or if one jw wakes up because of this protest it's worth it isn't it? Thank you to all of you that took part!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit