London Protest 2018

by josephus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Whew, thanks man. We were all waiting for you to approve of our direct experiences or differing views. Glad you chose to allow us to be ourselves and not another version of you. We'll look for you on another thread to come in and straighten us all out. What we all need is to be more like you. It's something to aspire to, since you're clearly always right and the only one that sees the world clearly

Morphs law! (Close enough)

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Hey Morph's it difficult getting owned but you seem to take it like a man!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I have no idea what you mean by ‘getting owned’. If you think dub made a point in his little self absorbed temper tantrum perhaps you didnt read it well enough. 2 days ago i addressed his same infantile antics where he made the same remarks about the same things and concluded by saying, to quote myself,

“Others dont need my permission to be themselves. They already are.”

i didnt see a need to repeat myself and was happy to dismiss him by pointing out his self absorbed rant was exactly what he accused what me of with a simple declaration of ‘morphs law’, but since you seem to have missed it, im happy to quote myself (the rare source of sanity on this self deluded circle fest thread) , as above.

But (again i repeat myself) keep up the good work! The vast (snicker) apostate army (lol) is have a uge (read in trump voice) impact!

Lets now turn our attention back to our chairmen, brother quixote

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    It took me seven years to extract my MS/Reg Pio mind from the indoctrination but it started with a tiny seed.

We shouldn't dismiss out of hand the consequences that can result from introducing even just one element of doubt into somebody's mind.

Receive enough of these for long enough and who knows what might happen. It certainly worked for me! My waking up to the TTAT came from the accumulation of a long series of doubts, rather than one spectacular "Road to Damascus" type of experience. ( And by the sound of things, Farmer Jim 1 experienced something similar).

A certain old expression "The Ordinary rather than The Spectacular" comes very much to mind here!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Keep digging Morpheus, it's working, lmao. We all see you, and it's okay. Yes, yes, we're all wrong and you and you alone stand in truth. Where have I heard that kind of rhetoric before? I'm surprised you cast such pearls before us swine.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Some of us have likely heard of David A Reed, a former JW elder and later Baptist Minister. He is also a rather prolific author of religious books, including one entitled "How to get Jehovahs Witnesses to Listen".

The following is an extract from a January 1990 interview with him by Investigator magazine, and specifically refers to the role protestors played in this couple (David and Penni Reed) waking up to the fraud that is the JW religion.

What broke the spell and enabled you to leave the organization?

DAVID: "Bible reading! The Scripture is true that says, 'the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword'." (Hebrews 4:12 New King James)

PENNI: "We were at a Witness convention, and. a handful of opposers were picketing outside. One of them carried a sign that said, 'READ THE BIBLE, NOT THE WATCHTOWER'. We had no sympathy for the picketers, but we did feel convicted by this sign, because we knew that we had been reading the Watchtower to the exclusion of reading the Bible."

(For those interested, a record of the full interview can be found at https://ed5015.tripod.com/jwelderdavidreed10)

From accounts such as this and others, it would surely be rather narrow minded to dismiss all anti-JW protests as ineffectual (or worse)?

(Yeah, all-right, I know this is "merely" anecdoatal evidence! However, even anecdotal evidence has to be taken into account).

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I was genuinely shocked at how many JWs came and spoke to us, took videos and photos of our banners and were generally inquisitive about our posters - FarmerJim1

I have never seen this outside a convention. We used to just walk by with eyes averted, too afraid to even read them. If people are taking photos of the banners they definitely want to look at the words later. Good for you Jim, keep up the good work.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Well said Farmer Jim 1 and if you do it again next year we would like to come and join you.

• cobweb
    cobweb

My sister's kids were pretty compulsive users of instagram and had a large instagram group of 'friends' made up of JW's. I have a sense that instagram is pretty big in jw land. They would take any and every opportunity to capture the cool, noteworthy or unusual moments to garner all important likes.

I believe the protest provided just such an opportunity for young JW's at Excel & the photos of banners were likely passed to a greater audience.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Excellent cobweb, JWfacts site all over Instagram is what we want!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit