London Protest 2018

by josephus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Exelder
    Exelder

Jehalapano, I have learnt a valuable lesson in the last 24 hours.

I realise that we have all been locked in the same cult for many years (in my case all my life) and how we deal with the freedom once we leave is entirely up to each us (for the first time in years) and should be respected.

I have a new found respect for people like Josephus who is using his experience for good and helping others.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I tried activism for a while after leaving.

It seems like a force for "good" and "helping others", but it took an extremely negative toll on me. I looked at my life and tried to figure out what was the source of negativity in my life. #1 was activism.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Google trends for the search term "jwfacts" in the UK only.

First image is last twelve months, second image is last 7 days.

Guess what the faithful were doing after convention day ended?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Just because you weren't cut out for it doesn't mean that others weren't or aren't. Why is it so hard for some to understand that other people are different than them?

Good for you for leaving it behind if it wasn't for you. Good for others for having what it takes to do so if it's in their wheelhouse.

• LV101
    LV101

Watchtower has always had a low retention rate and probably many more JWs would wander off the reservation to talk with protestors if big brother wasn't always watching guard over them. Most JWs don't want to be interrogated for being caught in the act - after all the religion is a North Korea construct.

Protestors had nice posters (Why 1914 telephone number) in LA, CA, yrs. ago standing in medium areas into parking lot. I couldn't wait to call the number when I returned home -- it was a recording and I didn't leave my name for return call -- that was my loss! I don't think standing at the entrance of conventions (whatever they're called) is a good idea. The Phoenix apostate had a flyer to hand out but crowded around other JWs coming/going made it was difficult to accept and we were racing back from lunch -- the 3 in my group enjoyed the brief hello exchanges (he was very happy) and he mentioned the "Asleep" magazine. He was friendly and kind.

• cobweb
    cobweb

Anders

Thanks for that. That's interesting data on google trends. As you say, there does seem to be a short term spike on the 11th and 12th - the biggest one on the Sunday. Its a bit early days to know how significant those spikes are but there was certainly an effect.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    Just because you weren't cut out for it doesn't mean that others weren't or aren't.

Very good point. When it comes to this sort of thing, one size definitely doesn't fit all!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just going on the internet spikes. I remember hearing about a protest out side a RC in Poland. I think it also followed a similar trend. Convention attendees were certainly going home and looking up the information. The internet is killing them.

• LV101
    LV101

Anders Anderson - thanks for the graph.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Google trends for the search term "jwfacts" in the UK only.

Thank Jehovah for Google Trends!

Yup it really does look bad for the Watchtower Corporation in England. I see this thing catching on and gaining momentum.

I think with a clever bunch of apostates protesting these convention TTATT will spread to the waning faithful much more quicker. I hope this thing happens back here in the colonies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit