London Protest 2018

by josephus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• just fine
    just fine

And you are not an elder anymore. So you don’t get to decide what is right for everyone else.

You cannot tell me that you know how every one of the 8 million or so JWs will react to any given situation. Protesting might work for some, it might not work for others. That’s the beauty of being an ex-JW. We all get to make our own decisions regardless of what you, ex-Elder, think.

• Exelder
    Exelder

Seriously, do what you want. I honestly don't care.

I am not a JW any more but I do know that active protesting won't work (there have been apostates for years) and the poor guys doing it (who I think are very brave) should just move on and get on with their lives. They would be so much happier.

I am just speaking from an ex JW viewpoint. I know first hand how the majority of them will react at seeing protesters.

The ones who will listen to them would leave anyway. The Internet makes it much easier to do research now.

But if you want to protest and think that it is worthwhile, be my guest,

• freddo
    freddo

"I am just speaking from an ex JW viewpoint."

Not my ex JW viewpoint, though. And not for others too it would seem.

• just fine
    just fine

I actually don’t think it is the best, but I wouldn’t be so egotistical to tell someone else how to live their life. I’ve been there, done that, as a JW.

i do think ex-JWs should put their own healing first, and then see if they are still interested in being an activist. It is too easy to get stuck in a place of being angry and hurt, and not get past it. If this is their way of making sense of the cult experience they had, and it helps them heal - I am all for it.

• Exelder
    Exelder

"Not my ex JW viewpoint, though. And not for others too it would seem."

So Freddo, you think that strong faithful witnesses would sit up and take notice of protesting apostates outside a convention?

Really?

• Exelder
    Exelder

Just Fine....I am in agreement with you.

However, Josephus and many active protesters are not healing. They are so consumed by this awful cult that they relive the hurt and anger every day (Look at the poor guys videos if you don't believe me.).

I would love to see them 'heal' and feel better. If I genuinely thought or saw evidence that protesting would heal them I would be all for it.

Each to their own.

• LV101
    LV101

just fine --- "And you are not an elder anymore. So you don't get to decide what is right for everyone else."

HILARIOUS -- thanks for the laugh -- priceless!

I have to say the elders I was around were sweet and kind but I didn't care one way or the other - (I realize there are some bad ones!). I avoided anything to do with them or JWs when I left.

• freddo
    freddo

Some will Ex-elder. They will see the signs, see the placards, see the list of paedos in the cars. Some will have had experiences of the dead hand of elders acting as puppets for the service desk.

Some will have had contact with the service desk.

Some would like to leave on a moral high point. Nothing better than standing up for the victims of child abuse.

Some will check it all out, privately, on line, like Nicodemus, honestly.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

And you are not an elder anymore.

😂😂 its not a real debate on jwn until someone playes the “your still in a cult” or “ your still acting like an elder” card. Its our equilivant to goodwins law.

• just fine
    just fine

Thanks Morpheus- ok so maybe not my best moment.

It just irritates me when people think they have the right to decide for someone else how to best be an ex-JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit