My Opinions on whats going on in WT land - Insider Information

by thedepressedsoul 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

An interesting OP that remains highly speculative, although the "something big is going to happen" has a certain apocalyptic ring to it which is apt, I suppose. Your claim to having a connection through voluntary work at Bethel is no great help to your OP because even those working there fulltime are in the dark. And, as in local congregations, speculation runs rife!

No education. They condone anyone who goes to college.

I think you meant "they condemn anyone who goes to college" because condone actually means overlook or forgive. Did you mean that?

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    An interesting OP that remains highly speculative, although the "something big is going to happen" has a certain apocalyptic ring to it which is apt, I suppose. Your claim to having a connection through voluntary work at Bethel is no great help to your OP because even those working there fulltime are in the dark. And, as in local congregations, speculation runs rife!
    No education. They condone anyone who goes to college.
    I think you meant "they condemn anyone who goes to college" because condone actually means overlook or forgive. Did you mean that?

Thanks for your post! Yes I did mean Condemn, thanks for picking up on that for me! I can't be too specific in my posts but I made this 9 months ago and it has played out to the T. In regards to what I said in this post, take it or leave it. Makes no difference.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/24020002/kingdom-consolidation-sales-coming-reliable-source

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

thedepressedsoul - "We often think they are rolling with cash but we fail to realize their size and expenditure."

This.

A corporation's success is based far more on its revenue flow then on the value of its assets.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Beth Sarim - "I've heard too that they could use an assembly hall to accommodate what's called a ''super large congregation''."

I just got the weirdest image in my head...

...of fifteen clowns in suits and briefcases all piling into a Volkswagon Beetle...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

We have two congos per hall in my area. It's pretty much S.O.P at this point.

Here's what I think the plan was: Assembly Halls used as congregations. They wanted to force dubs to travel to centralized "mega-churches" to save money and create the illusion of a 24/7 Regional Convention. Of course the ATM machines will be working just fine.

Who knows, perhaps they still want this to succeed? It's just that the Pedo stuff is catching up with them. What a test for the faithful, right? Jeehoober wants you to travel an extra 30-minutes or hour to attend the newly adjusted meetings where the TMS has been shit-canned in lieu of Orwellian broadcasts! Maybe one meeting a week and one "special" bi-monthly broadcast of propaganda? The GB may be dumb, but they aren't too dumb to realize that you can't exhaust your source of income. Dubs are getting burned out.

Will you obey, even though it doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint?? Perhaps the days of car pooling and sing-a-longs will be brought back by Jeehoobie?? Oh, joy of joys!!!

They could sell off high value properties and force everyone to attend (and contribute $$$$$ to) the already paid for Ass-halls. They are also buying property in strange places, located off Interstate highways; places that could easily be converted to a Kinkos, or Bass Pro shop! Why the blessings from Jeehoober are only 100 miles way? Our brothers in Africa are dodging crocs and dying to get the meetings, won't you please appreciate what the Slave is providing?? We love you very much!!

I have even heard of Elders who believe that the WTBTS is planning on having Ass-halls at key locations, spread evenly through the USA. Why? When the Big A strikes, these strategic locations will be key locations for the New World! LOL!!!

DD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I really do think that ''strange instructions'' which ''may not seem strategic from a human standpoint'' is a way to pound into the rank and files' heads is about giving money hand over fist. If this rumour about shutting down branches all over with the exception of that ivory tower Warwick, could be demanding even more, but ''ready to obey''. Someone said the other day that they could spin it at we're right on the brink of the big A, sell everything your house, vehicles and send all money to the Borg, you no longer need it.

However, should nothing happen, the fall out would be immense.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    All this makes me recall the account where Brother Barr said with hand gesturing in the air, "the amount of money does not decrease, no matter how much the Society spends". WTH happened?
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    "Insider information"

Your donkey.

For those of us who know, Warwick land was bought cheap enough and Warwick construction is cheap.Labor and design is the most expensive part of a building project relative to the cost of the land, and it is free. There is a push to complete Warwick; WT wants to get out of Kings county ASAP before all hell breaks loose, they want to direct the work from Warwick. The original plan was to complete the project by 2017, contingencies and obstacles are slowing things down. WT also has agreements with the buyers of their Sands property. True, they also believed this to be the case in the past, but WT is expecting something big to hit soon by 2017 and they want to be in Warwick when they believe it will.

How do JW view these cutback changes the WT could do? Not bad. JW have come to their own personal conclusions that something big is going to hit so they are not concerned with cutbacks or stopped building projects, they see this in relation to world catastrophe and not WT failure. How will individual Bethelites take it if they are sent home? Not good. I suppose a lot will be angry or disappointed. (why me? attitude)

But do you really think that JWs would be so disappointed about WT expansions, projects, building, KHs, etc, and another 100 years of preaching and invisible rulership? Everyone wants system destruction not construction, and if something bigger than 1914 realized, hopes for the imminent end would be livened ; It is exciting not disappointing.

Financial problems continued to escalate every year after donation arrangement for literature, assembly food and parking, etc were mandated. But materials were cheap enough, the economy was ok, and besides that, the end would come by the generation limit around the corner-back then. It was lifesaving to get the literature out and for the work to continue even as a personal expense But we live in a world today where people do not go to the library much and buying of internet has bankrupted or is crippling store front businesses. And information about God and the future and the Bible does not depend on a knock on the door or JW fascinating literature; That does not contribute to ww donations.

Donations is what helps finance the WT. The economy is in crisis. And IT IS NOT GROWING. The WT needs to extremely curtail all unnecessary spending and save as much voluntary donations, (calling to everyone that wants to voluntarily support the WT and giving them a last opportunity to do so now) to prepare for the hard times ahead so that they have the assets to spend when needed.

Will the lawsuits cripple the WTS financially? Depends on how many and how much. People are crippled and killed each year including children because of negligence from the government and private entities;They don't pay much and they have been known to pass laws to limit the amount of money that gov will pay out. Private entities will declare bankruptcy and insurances will not pay much either. WT has enemies that want to try to put the WT out of business and that is what is behind the WT billion dollar lawsuits; And forcing the WT to pay many millions for such while the gov and private entities almost never have to pay so much. So it is really about using the legal system as a means to get at the WT.

WT seems vulnerable because nothing ain't happened after 100 year " lifesaving" message, and there are a lot of angry people out there that want to get at the WT. I think that these lawsuits and RC, etc is going to backfire. WT wallpaper proclaims embarrassment of gov actions against WT in the past. Wt did not sue.

Something has been unfolding for a while now and JW are eagerly waiting for that fat lady to sing now that Yogi Bera is dead, but they do not blame the WT.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

FMF: They were bragging during out watchtower how out congregation sends and extra $12k a year to the society.

Bragging about $12k per year?

• I've already paid more than $12k toward my student loan so far in the 9 months of this year.
    • I haven't put $12k toward my retirement yet this year... but I will have by next month.

Tell them that WT needs more. $12k doesn't go as far as it used to.

For WT, the $850 million they've received from their Brooklyn properties didn't go very far either.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

For WT, evidently(tm) the $850 million they've received from their Brooklyn properties didn't go very far either.

(I fixed that for you Billy!)

Somehow, I don't think Fisher will get the point, and I surely don't have time for JW dumbfucks anymore. I admire you folks with more patience.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit