My Opinions on whats going on in WT land - Insider Information

by thedepressedsoul 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Warwickslave's comments didn't surprise me in the least, but I thought this one was particularly telling:

"...Most of the brothers working there think they are building the new Jerusalem temple. They use the expression we're building buildings that will last hundreds of years..."

I think some of us tend to forget that the WTS not only expects to survive a global Apocalypse, but they also expect to rule a global post-Apocalyptic utopia.

Realizing that - and realizing how disturbing that prospect was - was one of my more significant wake-up moments.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Very interesting comments. I doubt that they have been conducting any speculative investments in oil or gold. They hire the very best of financial consultants - To actually think that they gambled away assets is beyond reasonable. I would have to see support for this claim. In any event, you have a great insider's perspective.

I see your point but there has never been anything to make me think these guys are good with money. If anything, there is more proof that they don't know how to manage their money. From the people I talk to everything is always way over budget. Not to mention they're all into the appearance lately.

I just saw the new auditorium at WallKill. Talk about over spending, that place looks like a golden calf. TV monitors from the ceiling every 4 rows, sound boards up top to reflect the sound, 100+" TV screen at the very front, positional lights, leather seating, cameras everywhere. These aren't the GB of old, these ones like to spend.

I see more evidence that these guys are bad at finances than they are good. Heck did you see their chart to explain the overlapping generations? I can only imagine how they explain finances to each other. Probably the exact same thing.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    but they also expect to rule a global post-Apocalyptic utopia.

They think they are kings now and they think they'll be kings in the new world order. It's scary if you ask me.

You start realizing it's not God's plans they're teaching, it's their own plans. It's the JW retirement package & health care system.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

An elder who is an accountant by trade and who has been heavily involved in the RBC for years, said in a conversation that I was privy to hear that the "plan" is to build the new KHall design so that at least 3 Congs can utilize each KHall. In southern Illinois (USA) there recently were 3 small Congs dissolved and KHalls sold. The pubs have been scattered to nearby (10-20 miles) Congs. I guess those Congs were not sending in enough money.

(I doubt this elder, despite being involved in the RBC, had heard any news that has been leaked about the halt imposed on most all construction.)

Doc

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They are crazy if they think volunteer, JW lawyers will help them in any significant way. There are not likely many of them out there and most of those are not stupid enough to give their labor away for nothing. Even if they could find some, what are the odds they have the kind of expertise that would help them? It's just another indication that they have no idea what they are doing.

• sir82
    sir82
    the "plan" is to build the new KHall design so that at least 3 Congs can utilize each KHall.

We had an LDC rep come thru a couple of months ago. That is exactly what he said, 3 congregations per building.

• sir82
    sir82

That was actually a genius move and had a lot of positive gains for the Borg.

See, that's the part I just don't get.

They must have boosted their monthly revenues by several hundred percent, with this new program.

So why is it necessary to suddenly reduce nearly everything to a dead stop?

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    See, that's the part I just don't get.
    They must have boosted their monthly revenues by several hundred percent, with this new program.
    So why is it necessary to suddenly reduce nearly everything to a dead stop?

Because the problem must be THAT bad. It could be worse than we have ever dreamed. If they went to that extent and then went to the extent of ruining their history and standing of never asking for funds, it is bad. Throw in lay offs, closures, and halts, it looks even worse.

Those are drastic moves that scream, "I need money NOW!". It's bad.

We often think they are rolling with cash but we fail to realize their size and expenditure. I believe these guys have been blowing through money at a unprecedented rate. If we take Lett's wording for fact, that the sales of properties are only a few months of expenses, all I'll say is, Holy Crap! They are blowing their income.

There are so many things that could happen in a corporation of that size that could eat up their funds.

If you think they're too big to fall or have too much money, look up the company Enron. It's very possible that a lot of horrible financial decisions started to add up.

• never a jw
    never a jw

That is exactly what he said, 3 congregations per building.

What's the significance of that?

My wife has been attending a small kingdom hall for 20 years that accommodates at least four congregations. It's at full capacity; there's no way to squeeze any more congregations unless you reduce meetings days to just one per week. I don't think the number of congregations per hall solves anything. It's the size of the congregations that will help their financial problem. Out of two halls, they may sell one and keep the other, but build it bigger to fit larger congregations.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I've heard too that they could use an assembly hall to accommodate what's called a ''super large congregation''.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit