Kingdom Consolidation and Sales are coming – Reliable Source

by thedepressedsoul 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I heard form a reliable source that a kingdom hall consolidation is going to be happening in the US. Currently they are looking at every Kingdom Hall to see if they could and should sell it. Any Kingdom Hall that has not been updated and is in a bad location (long driveway, not in a visible location etc…) will be sold.  Halls that are in a bad location but have very recently been remodeled will be given more leeway for the time being.

If they are looking at every Kingdom Hall now expect to see for sale signs going up within the next 1-2 years. The Witnesses in those halls will asked to go to the halls chosen to not be sold to give a more “full” look. Once the new commercial halls are built the congregations will be transferred there and most likely there will be a lot less of those then current Kingdom Halls, again to give it a very full look for the public.

Just to recap, they are currently looking at every Kingdom Hall and if it’s is outdated, not visible and in a bad location expect to see it for sale in the next year or two. More halls will be combined into one and then moved into these commercial lots when the construction is complete.

Anyone who has been to a Thursday night meeting had to see something like this coming. Thursday nights are in a sad state attendance wise. 

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds plausible.

There is a nationwide elders-only video conference for the USA on January 31, I suspect that the above post is a summary of what will be discussed there.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I totally think this is plausable and almost certainly true.
  • 7Starz
    7Starz
    It's coming, be prepared, hopefully there will be plenty of fall out due to the "restructuring" of congregations and more and more will wake up and see the religion for what it's really about...to quote ABBA: "Money, Money, Money, Always sunny in the rich mans world."
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    There already doing this in the UK and Spain so this doesn't surprise me, hopefully it will wake some up.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Weeding out the fakers, faders, and fence-sitters, leaving only the hard-core loyalists.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

What goes around comes around! 

We are hoping that some current Elders will fill us in on the meeting at the end of January.

Remember...vote with your wallet. It's the perfect revenge.

• bohm
    bohm

This is why they need (iirc) 12'000 halls in the coming years: Sell old halls, create artificial demand, buy new ones. Rinse&repeat.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Based on the LDC talk that's been going around, I kinda expected this.  I would've expected them to go the other way with it, though - sell off the recently remodeled KHs for the income stream, then pack everyone into the most outdated halls.  That way once the new ones get built everyone will be so relieved to be out of the old crappy building they'll be less likely to question things.

There's a definitely a noticeable thinning out of late.  Last year's memorial was the first one I can remember where we had seats for everyone in attendance, and this time the back rooms were probably only half-full.  only a few years ago, the memorial would mean that about 20-30 people would be standing along the back wall.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

From a human standpoint it doesn't seem practical does it, I mean if the end is so close and the more preaching work there is you would need more halls...not less...like you would need more spiritual food...not less.

But hey...even if things seem impractical from a human standpoint...trust the slave class!!!

Excuse me while I barf...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit