YELLOW RIBBON : Show your support!

by email 118 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Exactly.

People seem unwilling or unable to see things beyond their own point of view and accept that other people may have a different opinion and it may not agree with theirs.

Many people equate "support our troops" with "support the war" (not least, the people promoting it) and yet I suspect they would be most unhappy if people put anti-war symbols up.

Utimately, like war itself, it will escalate until it gets completely out of control and just create work. I guess the people who refuse to see this don't mind being selfish ... as long as they get their way, screw everyone else and their opinions or polite requests.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Can't you post without being insulting?

Jeeez, Simon. I say they are fighting for some thankless people, just as I did in Vietnam and I'm issuing an insult? Yet, I lost count of how many times me and others have been told by a certain someone to "bite me," called idiots, morons, warmongers and you name it and the strongest thing said to date was, "could you tone it down?"

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I say they are fighting for some thankless people, just as I did in Vietnam and I'm issuing an insult? Yet, I lost count of how many times me and others have been told by a certain someone to "bite me," called idiots, morons, warmongers and you name it and the strongest thing said to date was, "could you tone it down?"

Red has a point I guess. Though it's an unfortunate part of cyber life that one poster can deplete your patience level so that the next negative remark from a different poster will attract all the ire built up by the preceeding culprit.

What a pisser eh?

Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon

I was simply going off your past posts where I get the opinion that you think anyone who does not support the war is ungrateful and dismissive of the bravery and sacrifice.

• Angharad
    Angharad

See the latest comments on this thread, this is the reason Simon has been saying the ribbon is a bad idea.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/48918/2.ashx#693491

• wednesday
    wednesday

well, as long as we are talking about things over the top, has anyone seen reporters thread with the pic of a POW in the thread? Most disturbing.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    I was simply going off your past posts where I get the opinion that you think anyone who does not support the war is ungrateful and dismissive of the bravery and sacrifice.

Then you missed the many posts where I said to Realist that he need not be sorry for saying he does not support the troops, that at least he is honest. Or where I have said often that protesters have every right to protest and I support that right, hell, I fought for them to have that right. I only ask that they do it within the law and not destroy private property or block people trying to get to work or whatever. Go back to the beginning of this thread and see what I said to Robyn. Am I ticked about this? Yes. I spilled my blood and sweat and saw friends die and came back and got spit on and ridiculed and called a baby killer. My best friend was shot down and for 33 years, I had no idea if he was alive or not, until last year. And still, I support their right to protest, but not to interfere in others lives and spit on returning veterans. Then, I am accused of being insulting after many times being told to "bite me," being called a war-monger, idiot, moron and whatever the catch word from Trauma Hound is. Many of us have endured many insults and snide remarks from Trauma Hound and nothing was said. He can post half a dozen flags desecrated with the peace sign and you get on me for posting one with the American flag and a V. But, what amazes me the most is how that particular flag is so waved, yet, they hide behind the regular flag for their rights and freedoms. You want to stop all mentions of the war, go right ahead. But don't be surprised if one keeps it up and cries he has rights.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Wednesday which thread is that on, can you post a link ?

Edited to add - OK found it being dealt with

• Simon
    Simon
    He can post half a dozen flags desecrated with the peace sign

How can a peace sign desecrate something? Maybe I don't fully understand this flag thing ...

and you get on me for posting one with the American flag and a V

I don't think I've got on you for posting that

• Simon
    Simon

This is proving my point though that allowing people on either side to post logo's and symbols in every post is just another way to insult each other.

... which is why I politely requested that NO-ONE did it.

But no ... people have to make an issue out of it ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit