YELLOW RIBBON : Show your support!

by email 118 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I support our troops! And, for the record, I do this in "text only" mode!

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

You might as well post a ribbon ThiChi, with your big-ass avatar!

• Angharad
    Angharad

When I mentioned flags in the previous post, I was refering to altered flags like the one TH posted, which people found offensive. I should have made the point clearer. I apologise and will edit the post.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

You mean my Hofner "Beatle" Bass? lol...

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

simon

i think a few people on this site are short of a sense of humour. i agree with you simon, i think these ribbons etc are just too in yer face.

• dubla
    dubla
    I was refering to altered flags like the one TH posted,

oh okay, gotcha.....actually i shouldve probably realized thats what you meant, but sometimes we dont always stop to think about meanings before jumping to conclusions. i am guilty of this many times over.

aa

• Angharad
    Angharad
    I just posted on this thread... and didn't put the Yellow Ribbon like i suggested I would do... right after I posted it... I REALLY FELT just like the JW days... where you couldn't discuss, show or say what you thought because you then started to fear what the Elders or the "higher powers" could say or do to you... It's a shame that we have come to this point... again.

<sigh>

Oh for goodness sake that is rediculous and insulting.

You will notice that Simon had not edited the ribbons etc out of any posts or outright banned them. We have spent the afternoon trying to show the reasoning behind the polite request that they are not posted . How many elders explain their reasoning and have good reasons for things?

• email
    email
    i think a few people on this site are short of a sense of humour.

You FINALLY say something worth quoting... and I AGREE a 100% with you... that's why Simon BLOCKED my thread...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/48980/1.ashx

Reason Given? "Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic" WTF!!!

IT WAS A FREAKIN' JOKE!!!! Besides... going to IRAQ to try to take down that murderer is what the U.S. and the U.K. are trying to do right now!! so what's the point!??? WHY Block the joke?

• ring
    ring

Of course i remembered that thread Simon, I got left out to die when i said political party/banner advertising shouldn't be here

• wednesday
    wednesday

Is somone going to take down the insulitng image pleasured me has put up on page 4 of this thread?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit