YELLOW RIBBON : Show your support!

by email 118 Replies latest social current

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    I will be removing any political statements that people may already have in their profile pic.

This board is not about politics.

Great....I am really tired of TH "Impeach Bush" logo

Thank you!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I was just thinking of putting a bucket of blood or a barrel of oil or a big dollar sign w bush's pic on it, or something like that, instead of a ribbon.

SS

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Email had a very good idea about the yellow ribbons, I can not see how that is provoking others to come up with their own ribbons anti war. He specially said these ribbons would symbolize that we support our troops, we want them safe and we are thinking of their families.

This just reminds me of the good old JW days, when we secretly , at least I did, wished that our troops ,our soliders would be safe and I was very patriotic but could not express it.

This year I put an American Flag sticker on my truck and was proud to let the world see it. I felt a little uneasy at first but soon I over came that and felt like a normal person who was FINALLY after years of chains of the borg , was able to EXPRESS myself.

Now we can't show our support , our expression of good will to our men in Iraq?? I am sitting here in my comfy house, watching tv. eating my warm meal, on the computer , with my family right here by me ,,,,,thankful I have all of these things. And now so we dont offend the antiwar movement here, we are asked not to show a yellow ribbon in that we support them and thank them for what they are doing???You are asking us to not put up a ribbon so we don't start fights, or offend others,,,,,,,,,,MY GOD, this has been going on for days,,,,,,,,just look at the 1,2,3, 4 we don't want war anymore thread and many others. I seem to recall you asked Trauma Hound to TONE it down a bit....hummm.

I know this board is not about politics, as a whole, but are we now not allowed to even discuss this in a respectful way.......??? If that is the case I havent seen anyone listening.

• Simon
    Simon
    Ill go to a place where i can support my country and my troops!

wildturkey: please show me where I have denied people the opportunity of expressing their support of their country or their troops, even though this is supposed to primarily be a JW forum and not a political one? It has been debated back-and-forth for weeks (before th war even began) and the only things that have been removed or censured are obsceneties and attacks.

This is the sort of 'over-the-top' reaction to what is a simple and fair decision made to prevent things getting out of hand. Nothing more.

To be honest, how will putting a ribbon gif on posts on a JW forum "help the troops" in any way? All it will do is annoy some people and they will then post things (a black ribbon or bucket of blood as SS said) that will annoy you. This will be even less supportive of the troops should any happen to visit the site while driving across the desert (or is it dessert ... damn!)

Also, as I posted recently, people are forgetting that it is possible to be against the war in principle but actually to support the troops and hope they do a good job, suffer few casualties etc ...

• Simon
    Simon
    I know this board is not about politics, as a whole, but are we now not allowed to even discuss this in a respectful way.......??? If that is the case I havent seen anyone listening.

When have I said it isn't allowed to be discussed? As long as things are done in a respectful way, as you say, then people are free to discuss things.

BTW: I have already removed the "Impeach Bush" logo (I always thought it said "Impact Bush" and wondered what it meant ) but it may still show up for a while because of caching.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Well you know the old saying: never discuss politics or religion.

Soooooo, how's Manchester United doing these days?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Unfortunately Manchester United are now top of the league.

Impeach Ferguson!

Expatbrit

• Simon
    Simon

Damn, that was a low puch ...

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey
    To be honest, how will putting a ribbon gif on posts on a JW forum "help the troops" in any way?

Simon, it will help our troops to let them know that we are grateful for what they are doing for us. And we don’t think they are baby killers.

There are also many on this board who are in active Military duty, many who have family who are in active duty,,,,just to name a few,,,sorry I can't recall all the names but here are some: SheilaM's son, Maximumflash, wife Cassi, Monster( I beleive) Yeru, Crazy151, I think in the the reserves, etc. I know that Cassi posted that Max would be having some limited internet access, so they are reading this.

I find it strange that this thread is what put you over the top, and not any of the insults by those who disagree with the war.

It’s not about rather or not you agree with the war or not Simon, these men and women that fight for us so we can live in some measure of freedom deserve our respect if not our support.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Comic retracted.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit